Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Problems with Webmail

Where are people going to look first if they need help configuring their Plusnet email - the help pages or search the forums?

Quite frankly the help pages are going the same way as so much else with Plusnet, being dumbed down to the bare minimum. Sad

At least get a link added to the help pages to that topic!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cuke
Grafter

@AmigaMan wrote:

Webmail is unusable for me again at the moment. Fine at 6.15 this morning. By lunchtime it's terrible. That's the norm now.

Yes it was almost a service I could use but now once again it is dire...

mrob
Grafter

Unusable at the moment due to a new problem (to add to the myriad of others I regularly experience)i.e. perpetual loading of a message. Seems "frozen" in this state and so no other actions are possible.

The length of time this whole situation has been going on is unbelievable...it's beyond frustrating.

Richard-261
Grafter

March 29th.

This has been going on since December 2016. Unbelievable that the UK's biggest ISP can't make email work.

Today I can't connect at all.

The message reads:

Most likely causes:

• The website is under maintenance.
  • The website has a programming error.

I wonder which of these is most likely.

2 strokes good - 4 strokes bad : George Orwell.
Anon
Pro

Thought it might have

+You'r flogging a dead horse

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
bazzer
Pro

This has been going on since December 2016. Unbelievable that the UK's biggest ISP can't make email work.

@Richard-261 It has been ongoing a lot longer - at least since May 2016 when I raised a similar thread and I only did so when I frequently encountered delays.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Nearly a year !! and still no closer to a FIX Sad 

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anon
Pro

Can't get my emails down again this morning.

You are certainly doing us proud Pnet, it puts a whole different meaning on that phrase when you look at the email debacle.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Just to present something factual here, cos you won't get it from PN representatives(often they just don't even respond/reply), this whole thing has been going on since Feb/Mar/April 2015 !  We have screenshots somewhere on file showing these problems with those dates. Happy to send to a PN representative if it helps?

So its a lot longer with no explanation, no plan, no updates on the non-existent plan, and no leadership to take hold of a pathetic situation and change policy for the better of all parties.

I wonder if PN have been positive enough to inform all new customers of the issues they will face with webmail, or are they letting new customers stumble into all this and waste a considerable amount of time? After nearly 2 years of this?

And there's probably customers out there who will have experience of this prior to the dates we have recorded.

Anon
Pro

No, that is a serious misnomer suggesting that they have no plan.

Of course they have a plan, leave it long enough and the customers will stop using it. Problem solved. I do not believe for one second that they are doing ANYTHING.

Secondly they do not automatically bundle email with new accounts, one has to ask for it, you wonder if they are up front. I suspect it is more "If they are crazy enough to ask for it, then they can have it".

annthomasltd
Rising Star

C'mon PN representatives, lets have a day of positiveness on this thread, positive info from PN will only spread more positiveness surely?

Tell us on which part of this timeline did you take the positive step of making a statement to all new webmail customers that "it's not at 100% at the moment & we suggest using blah,blah, and we will inform all customers when we are confident you can experience a fully working blah,blah" something like that. A specific date not needed, just early June 16 or 2nd week of Sept. (Reference to some part of the website that's not always upto date, also have screenshots, isn't really answering the question)

Also, on which part of this timeline did you take the positive step of informing/training your frontline soldiers that there actually is a major problem with webmail, and offer good, professional advice? Cos we spoke with PN soldiers back in Nov/Dec 16 (approx, its been along issue) and received the response "I didn't know anything about this and only found out today when asking support about it", and I'm 90% sure somebody on here spoke with PN soldiers in Jan ? (again ready to stand corrected by swift acting PN police) and received the same/similar response. 

So lets get positive, and continue to get positive here. PN representatives might actually regain some customer confidence. I think that's part of their roles here?

Anon
Pro

And what does it do for confidence to tell lies and they would have to do that to give any timeline other than before 3000AD

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@annthomasltd wrote:

I wonder if PN have been positive enough to inform all new customers of the issues they will face with webmail, or are they letting new customers stumble into all this and waste a considerable amount of time? After nearly 2 years of this?

No need, existing customers are doing that for them through the use of social media and the various review sites.

I've posted this link before but you might find it useful to give your own review of Plusnet here If you do the speed test first in this link you will then have the option to rate your provider on various other aspects of their service. Alternatively if you register using the same link they will send you a monthly ratings reminder where you can review your provider on a regular basis. It's a useful site if you're thing of switching as it shows which ISP's get the best reviews.

It's all very well posting our grievances here on PN's website but if you want to have an impact you need to go further afield and start reviewing your service elsewhere.

Anon
Pro

Thanks to no emails this morning via my external client (just in case someone thinks I go to Pnet for them) nearly missed an important email about my ebay account. Well that is another one of my emails away from Pnet. Not offering a half decent email service is a disgrace and I hope that Pnet will warn, via other email accounts ALL of their customers who on this disgraceful product. And then they claim to be winners of awards. Obviously they can fix that but not their email service.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Anon - c'mon, we're gonna try be positive on this going forward. We may have to wait over a week for a considered response, like this customer:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Unable-to-receive-email/td-p/1423734 

I'm just hoping we aren't treated like these people = still waiting to be recognised as paying customers and receive a response:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-deleted-my-emails-Help-needed-to-restore/td-p/1418074

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Unable-to-send-emails-to-Plus/td-p/1417900

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/can-t-send-attachments-using-webmail/td-p/1416009

MKSlinky - thanks for that. Followed link & completed survey.