cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

This never makes sense to me why one persons e mails are ok and the others isn't Like mine are poo and others are ok wish someone would explain that to me.....

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Maybe your emails are stored on a very slow networked device whilst others have their emails stored on modestly faster devices?

It seems that direct access to the email servers isn't too awful, but the web connection to the email servers is frequently dire.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Yes I see what you are saying but some days it works fine and like now is dire so surely if it was my device it would be like it all the time not in random periods maybe I am being thick but still doesn't make sense to me.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Come to think of it I had the same problem in Tenerife and also from an Internet Café in London so I am still baffled maybe PN just doesn't like me...............

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Fantasticfourum wrote:

This never makes sense to me why one persons e mails are ok and the others isn't Like mine are poo and others are ok wish someone would explain that to me.....

I would very much suspect that it is related to the number of email items in your inbox - the bigger the content, the bigger the issues seen.  Have you tried the old Squirrel mail interface?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colbrad
Grafter

Due to the ongoing Plusnet email issues I started using Gmail to collect my old Freenetname email as advised by a Plusnet representative. However I've been receiving a lot of junk / virus alert messages recently so logged into my Plusnet webmail and discovered that my Spam folder is extremely full. I could turn off the system so Spam messages are instantly deleted but I'd be concerned something important may slip through so prefer to manually check.
I want to delete these messages but the system is slow and keeps timing out while trying to access the various folders. I can't even delete them in Squirrel mail, does anyone have any advice?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Use a PC based IMAP client and delete from there.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bazzer
Pro

Something strange is going on.

This week, during the day, the service has been good. However, come early evening it's completely pants which is a reversal of what it normally is!

I really look forward to the day when I can say it is working great both day and night time and not just at the weekend!

colbrad
Grafter

I'm trying to empty / 'purge' the [TRASH] folder in Basic Webmail that currently has over 400 messages in there. Been getting the following message, see screenshot attached

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 19.56.46.png

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Webmail is unusable for me again at the moment. Fine at 6.15 this morning. By lunchtime it's terrible. That's the norm now.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I know this may seem odd but using e mail is like driving a car I know how to drive but why the car is doing what it does is beyond me so when I say to you I have no idea what squirrel mail is don't think I am a complete idiot ij ust use these things but have no idea how they work or what is going on half the time.  Also my mailbox doesn't have that many messages but I cant even access messages in my files which is very frustrating haven't been able to get on all evening. So I have two questions please 1 What is squirrel mail and 2 can I transfer the files currently in webmail folders to my computer so I can access them from my computer. Thanks in advance.  PS if you want to know anything about quantum physics then that is not a problem.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet's help pages used to have guides on how to set up various email clients on your PC including the specific settings for accessing the Plusnet mail servers.

Webmail is a huge problem so Plusnet recommend using a client.

So now, when I go looking for the guides to post you a link I can't find them - all I've found are links to general guides on other sites.

I'd recommend you download Thunderbird and set it up to use IMAP: https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anon
Pro

@bazzer wrote:

I really look forward to the day when I can say it is working great both day and night time and not just at the weekend!

PLeeeeeeeeeaaaaase don't hold your breath.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
bazzer
Pro

As the originator of the thread that highlighted this issue back in May 2016 my hope of seeing that day has long gone but we can all fantasise!!

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@jelv wrote:

Plusnet's help pages used to have guides on how to set up various email clients on your PC including the specific settings for accessing the Plusnet mail servers.

Webmail is a huge problem so Plusnet recommend using a client.

So now, when I go looking for the guides to post you a link I can't find them - all I've found are links to general guides on other sites.

Hi @jelv here is the link to our thread about how to set up email clients in case you need it to help anyone else in the future Smiley

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager