Problems with Webmail

cassuki
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

Just one email address.

cassuki
Rising Star

I text my husband to ask if he had sent many today. Only 11 emails all day, 10 of which went to one recipient and the other to 2 recipients, all but one were sent earlier in the day so not in the last hour.  I hadn't sent any today from either of the PlusNet mailboxes I use so don't see how I could have reached the limit.  What is the limit?

AmigaMan
Rising Star

I had that error message yesterday saying "too many recipients". I was sending the email to my cousin. One person!? I think it took me about 5 attempts and it eventually sent without the error.

Today email was fine at 6 am by 8 o'clock it was incredibly slow as usual. Now it seems faster than it's been for weeks but I won't get too excited.

cassuki
Rising Star

I tried 7 or 8 times but it just wouldn't send. I then tried sending a test email from a different alias and it sent it. I switched back to the original one and it wouldn't send again. I had to try several more time before it would send.

stevemccl
Dabbler

Thanks. I've now subscribed to this, although I am a slightly wary about the quantity of status emails I may now start receiving due to the number of Webmail issues and service outages experienced over the past months.

I'm trying not to sound too cynical, however I couldn't help having a laugh out loud moment when I read the opening line on the subscription page...'One of the great strengths of PlusNet is the open, honest and creative approach to support and customer service'. 

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@stevemccl

Yes your inbox will be heavily populated by those status updates and when you've deleted them all you'll get them again, and again and again....., I get one particularly annoying update over and over on a daily basis. The update was posted on the 14/03/17 but I still get it several times a day every day, I think that said update is stuck in a perpetual loop!

Yes Plusnet does have an ''open, honest and creative approach to support and customer service'' that's for sure. They're open and honest that they can't tell us anything and they're certainly very creative with what they do tell us.

What more could anyone ask for? Funny

cassuki
Rising Star

As if it isn't bad enough having to listen to inaccurate adverts on radio and watch them on TV, they are now arriving in my non-PlusNet mailbox too. One snippet from today's email:

advert.PNG

Really PlusNet?  Do you not realise how this is alienating your customers even more? 

My recent experience of PlusNet customer service has been one of the worst, not only because of the length of time I had to wait (30 minutes on the phone, 10 days for a response to a message, approximately 15 minutes for online chat) but that the issue is still unresolved after so many months and you are not prepared to do anything to help someone who was struggling to clear out email before important emails were automatically deleted, even when it was explained that some of your suggested workarounds were not working and others were not feasible for health reasons.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Several off-topic posts removed.

Please keep this thread on-topic

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

cassuki
Rising Star

I strongly object to your removal of my post. It was not off topic. It very clearly referenced the webmail problems. I was refused any grace period in deleting emails, emails I could not remove because I could not access webmail.

Mav
Fixes: 514

@cassuki

Apologies. I have restored your post.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anon
Pro

Even Pnet mods make mistakes!

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

For those in real difficulty using the (industry standard) Round Cube webmail application, you might find the more basic Squirrel webmail application (https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/login.php) rather useful.  It is like greased lightening compared to Round Cube when Round Cube is working properly.  Its not sexy, but it does the job.  Could be useful for clearing out rather full email boxes, if one is not disposed to using a proper email client.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Townman

You mean to say that monstrosity of a webmail application has a name? Round Cube? More like 'OXO Cube', you know it's useful but when you get a hold of it the flipping thing just crumbles under the slightest pressure. Roll_eyes

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Same old story again started to improve over week end now its back to the stuff that comes out of your bottom. Cant access my e mails cant access my files to see stuff I have saved cant do anything today cant put up with this any more I will be moving on as soon as I can...............

colintivy
Rising Star

I am glad to report that email activity is quite reasonable right now!! Has someone forgotten that it is not the weekend?? Or has the imposition of MST cleaned something out??? Here's hoping????

Wink