Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anon
Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

@VileReynard wrote:

We always used to perform major changes/fixes on public holidays.

Seems they missed the Christmas period to do their quick fix.

was that Christmas 2000????

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
vanessen
Rising Star

Sorry to report that, using webmail while abroad (so no possibility of workarounds) I have just now been trying to delete a dozen or so emails from my Inbox.  I'm on a fast wifi service, but each time I receive the message "Return to Login page".  And, the emails don't get deleted.  So as far as I see, the service is as bad as it has been recently.  Very annoying and disappointing.

Anon
Pro

And for me my desktop client does not function again tonight. But they keep taking our money. Whom do we complain that they charge for a service they cannot deliver?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anon wrote:
Whom do we complain that they charge for a service they cannot deliver?

Trading standards at Sheffield would be a good start?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

Not sure if it is Sheffield or a local one to the complainant. Will research. I think they owe us all some compensation.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I read on another thread that Webmail comes free and is not part of your service so good luck with those complaints Thumbs_Up

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I pay for my e mail service from PN and anyway that's like saying Tesco are giving away free computers if you spend 200 quid on shopping but don't expect them to work because they are free. If you offer a service you should provide one to the best of your ability....

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

My e mails suddenly started working at the weekend and in amongst my e mails I had one that would make your blood boil virtually saying it is me and the e mail service works fine and to check all my settings etc except I cant get back into my e mails again to post it on here.........as soon as I get into my e mails I will post a copy as now its back to [removed] again....

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed as per forum rule.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Now getting the dreaded SERVICE UNAVAILABLE so its an hour and counting Anyway it must be ME according to PN I must have some weird settings that allow e mails one minute and not the next am I the only one maybe it is me am I going mad cant take any more PN says I am doing something wrong so it must be me................................

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

To be honest the big red removed is far more noticeable and the big red report at the bottom highlights the possible use of a swear word far more than me just putting some asterisk  instead of a swear word I wish PN would let me access my e mails that quick But wait no its my fault Two Laptops two desktops and IPad and a computer in Tenerife must all be set up wrong to only receive e mails periodically if at all according to PN customer support. So PN why cannot I access my e mails again what possible settings could I have wrong that stops all these computers from accessing my e mails its now over two hours and I still cant get into my e mails.....

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Finally got into my e mails and after PN support lied to me about Domain servers they then sent the following to me they do not seem to accept there is even a problem yet it took me three hours to access my e mails today :

Thank you for your patience.

I have tested connectivity to your mailbox remotely and was able to authenticate successfully on the server without any issues, indicating no network fault.

If you are unable to download any emails on your computer, verify that you have an active and working internet connection first, then you will need to check that your mailbox is configured correctly before you can retrieve email. If you are using outlook you can go to 'tools' and open 'accounts', here you can select the relevant account and click 'properties / change' and finally click the 'more settings' button.

From the mailbox settings please check and verify that your email address is entered correctly. You will also need to check the server settings. Your incoming mail server is 'imap.plus.net' or 'mail.plus.net' ( If you are using POP3 ) and your outgoing mail server is 'relay.plus.net', making sure that you are not using SSL encryption and SPA 'Secure Password Authentication' and finally verify that your username is correct. This will either be your account username or if you are using additional mailboxes it will be username+mailboxname. Your password will be your account or mailbox password.

Should you still have problems receiving emails then I strongly recommend disabling any anti-virus and firewall software as they may block connections to external networks.

If you have checked and verified these settings and you are still unable to download emails to your computer we will need more information about the problem, such as any error messages your are seeing on your screen and when the last time you were able to receive email was.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

So there you go its my fault

Anon
Pro

Can anybody have this 'free' email, or just paying customers. In which case it is not free.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Rumour has it they're changing that saying shortly to something more in line with what they're offering.

"Plusnet we don't do proud - We just muddle through"!

Quite catchy huh? Grin

P.S. There's a prize of one years free fibre broadband for the most hilarious alternative!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Is the second prize two years free fibre broadband?
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Isn't it obvious? No second prize will be one years free Webmail Wink