Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

cassuki
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

@bazzer wrote:

I have had exactly the same. The worse it's been in recent times and I am taking into account that it is months and months since the service was 'normal'.

It's a disgrace that this can continue for so long and incredible to think that no one at PN has the know how to correct it.

Tonight I have been trying to read and delete emails. I gave up trying to read them after half an hour because it was too slow and it has taken 3 hrs 16 minutes to delete 465 emails (28Mb). That's 3 hrs 16 minutes of time I'll never get back. The only reason I carried on was to prevent PlusNet from deleting emails I need to keep. To rub further salt in the wound I've just had to sit and watch their commercial. My blood boils every time I see it on TV or hear it on the radio. How can they profess to good customer service when it takes 30 minutes to get through on the phone and it takes them more than a week to reply to questions in the member centre.

Having had a sales call this evening, I vented my frustration and told them I would not be signing a new contract any time soon because I've started looking at my options. Apparently the blame for this fiasco is being placed on a third party contractor, which implies that PlusNet don't have in-house expertise in email which would explain a lot.

Anon
Pro

For me they have extracted digit from their posterior and I can get emails down, but soooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooow.

Perhaps that add should say "cheap and unreliable"

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
sekonz
Grafter

yup back to not working...

It had been ok since new skin etc....slow but i was getting mail....

Now not working again....

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yup i just got the Service Unavailable Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
AmigaMan
Rising Star

Same here. I managed to see emails at 6.15 this morning and delete a few and view some. It was sloooooow but working. Now it's back to Service Unavailable. It's fun isn't it!?

Anon
Pro

"We'll do you proud"

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I was on at 5am and it was a normal reasonably fast service but again at 3.30pm was non-existent which proves they cant manage the volume when busy but they don't seem to be doing anything about it do they think we will all go away eventually..

I was holiday in Tenerife and thought I would try and connect to e mail but I wasted an hour every day trying to connect but couldn't I now have been trying since about 3.30 and connected a couple of brief times but as soon as you try to read an e mail or move it you lose your connection again it is driving me mad and I cant wait to move away from this c**p as soon as I find a good e mail server any suggestions would be good.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

This thread started in October 2016  FIVE MONTHS AGO and its worse now than it was then so how exactly are Plusnet helping us

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

By the way thanks PN for telling me to reduce my files WELL I WOULD IF I COULD.................

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I generally use email client software rather than webmail and, it seems, thank heavens for that.  Plusnet used to be a good and competent company but now it seems they spend so much of their money on advertising the fact that they are a good and competent company that there is none left over to actually be so.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Unfortunately I am not that well educated on the workings of e mail etc just what you learn while on line and I have a domain name that I use for work which seemed a good idea at the time paying PN for the privelage now I am concerned that if I lose this it will give me more headaches in telling everyone and his dog my e mails have changed I suppose that's the only reason I have stuck with them so long  Who needs this I have been trying to read my e mails since 8.30 and it just keeps spinning away it tells me I have 163 e mails but wont let me see any of them, in this day and age this is a disgusting way to treat customers.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you have a domain name you could transfer it to a cheaper place.

You would need to pay for some hosting, but the whole thing could be set-up fairly cheaply.

Can I suggest a possible way of looking at your emails?

Set-up a mail forwarding rule to a gmail account - I don't know if it would work under the present failed system, but it has worked for me when when webmail was actually working.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Just found out something rather odd from on line tech help It appears because I have a domain name they cant help me and referred me to the Domain help who will get back to me in 48 Hours not greatly helpful when you are desperate to read your e mails But it appears if you have a domain name I am on a different server Why I don't know but that is what they told me No one has told me this before but today is particularly bad 3 hours and counting at the moment....

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Sorry to sound dumb but how do I set up a mail forwarding rule I was looking at settings but there doesn't seem to be anything in there I am a little stupid where this is concerned I am afraid...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Fantasticfourum wrote:

It appears because I have a domain name they cant help me and referred me to the Domain help

Having a domain on your account has no bearing on the current poor webmail performance and the advice should have been the same for anyone else experiencing slow downs and/or intermittent performance with webmail.

I'm sorry to say it sounds like you've been misadvised.

Unfortunately there's little advice we can really give regarding webmail at the moment if you're experiencing the performance problems being discussed in this thread. The best advice I can give at the moment would be to try setting up an email client.

Information on how to set up an email client can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-get-your-e-mails-through-a-e-mail-client/td-p/1390685

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet