Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Problems with Webmail

Just to inform you all about a change of plans,

The upgrade to the RoundCube software has been pushed back to Tuesday the 14th Between 06:00 & 08:00, this means there will be no maintenance tomorrow as previously communicated.

Please continue to let us know what issues you're seeing as it really makes a difference to our engineers who can try to replicate these issues and work on fixes.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
craigmundy

When is web mail going to work at all....?...  I'm trying to cope with a very disabled husband , plus kids and I've got no email function at all.  As if I've not got enough on my plate.....

No email for 24 hrs now, and I'm trying at all times of day - 8am....11pm.....what is going on?  when will the situation improve...? 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@craigmundy

I empathise with your personal situation and I'm sorry that you're finding the service difficult to access, we're working on fixing the service and rather than there being one defining moment when service is restored completely there will be a number of small improvements that will fix the issues that are causing mail to be intermittently unavailable.

As such I cannot give a date that it will be fixed.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
mrob
Grafter

I feel for you having to cope with this seemingly never-ending situation in your own personal circumstances.

It's frustrating enough for those of us who are in less personally demanding circumstances.

After a few weeks of "relatively" functioning service, my email is back to "service unavailable" messages/ not being able to log in/ pages not loading, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Likewise, I know myself how frustrating it can be when you've seemingly been cut off from all lines of communicating with people. I think we could all tells similar tales of woe albeit some of ours are probably not as distressing.

I've been advertising some items on Freecycle recently and whilst I've had many people contact me via email some of those replies have come too late which has resulted in some people withdrawing their interest. It's no biggey I suppose, I can re-advertise those items but it's the inconvenience of it all that hacks me off. You wait around all afternoon for people to show only to later discover they sent you an email to say they needed to rearrange collection.

I had the same issue with some medical supplies that I ordered last week, I think I mentioned that above.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

its getting confused now ? https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Email-Webmail-connection-issues-96159-UPDATE/m-p/142126...

But still i Get SERVICE UNAVAILABLE Ticked_off   so is the update today , the 9th or the 14th ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@rongtw

I'm getting the same here in Milton Keynes (Bucks) My guess is nobody at Plusnet has the slightest clue!! Ticked_off

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

madmax1968
Grafter

Same here

Imagine having a conversation to a mate about your broadband and he say's hows your broadband, "well it's good when it works"!...    mate reply's OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh!

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It was working but slow - then it crashed - and now I'm getting "Server Error! (Forbidden)"

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

There's a network change early tomorrow morning. Keen to hear people's experiences throughout tomorrow. It's not expected to fix everything but it's a stepping stone in the right direction if it does have a positive impact.

The service unavailable errors of recent days are probably due to reduced server capacity pending the software upgrade next Tuesday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

madmax1968
Grafter

@drj wrote:

It was working but slow - then it crashed - and now I'm getting "Server Error! (Forbidden)"

Sounds all to Familiar!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@bobpullen

Thanks for sharing that, lets hope those stepping stones are a road to recovery for us all. As for your last paragraph..

The service unavailable errors of recent days are probably due to reduced server capacity pending the software upgrade next Tuesday.

Does that apply to this afternoons problems? If so can we expect more of the same 'Service Unavailable' through to next Tuesday? I might have to start buying postage stamps again if that happens Roll_eyes

vanessen
Rising Star

JonoH, bobpullen,

We don't have the desperate problems of craigmundy, but what we have is no service. 

And we cannot even find about tomorrow's appointments, nor contact people who are wondering about our silence.

And, we are about to go abroad and need contact through webmail.

And, the basic problem has been going on since May 2016, so your current  'reassurances' are actually ridiculous.

And to cap it all, Plusnet is contacting us about using a little over 1GB of storage, a ridiculously low limit in today's environment, and threatening to delete emails if we don't delete some.  Which of course, is completely impossible at the moment.

Through this deplorable treatment of webmail customers, Plusnet gives every impression of putting all its significant resources into other parts of the business, and virtually abandoning webmail. I hope I am wrong, but the weight of evidence is there. 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I cannot see why PN after the last 10 months of Email problems have eventually decided to Update software ?

which they have said will NOT!!! fix webmail  Lips_are_sealed

BobPullan asked if we can see any improvement today ? but BenB says it has been rescheduled until the 14th https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Email-Webmail-connection-issues-96159-UPDATE/m-p/142126...

So has this update been applied today ??  or is it the 14 th

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@rongtw, the software update has been rescheduled to next Tuesday. Early this morning, a different change was scheduled - I'm trying to establish if it went ahead or not because things still seem pretty dire to me Sad

@vanessen, doesn't excuse the issues but if you're so heavily reliant on your email account then I'd strongly suggest you consider setting up direct access using a dedicated email application like Outlook or Thunderbird.

@MKSlinky wrote:

@bobpullen

Thanks for sharing that, lets hope those stepping stones are a road to recovery for us all. As for your last paragraph..

Does that apply to this afternoons problems? If so can we expect more of the same 'Service Unavailable' through to next Tuesday?

It does apply to yesterday afternoon and yes, further instances between now and Tuesday are a possibility Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵