Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Problems with Webmail

rahewitt wote:

It wouId be very handy if the service status could be udated on this!

I'm working on getting an updated service status,

Fantasticfourum wrote:

I really don't think PN are actually doing anything about this

I can absolutely understand why you might think this, but nothing is further from the truth.

MKslinky wrote:

@Strat

Thanks for your honesty and voicing your own concerns. Things must be getting bad if even you as a Moderator feel the need to contribute. Thumbs Up Credit to you fella!

As a moderator Strat is not staffIn order to moderate the community in a fair and impartial manor, the moderator must firstly be fair and impartial Wink and that means saying when they think that we're doing well and saying when we're not. @Strat posting his experience isn't proof of something being bad nor is it proof of something good.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
rahewitt
Grafter

In the old days the status was updated at the time of the incident, not 24 hours later.   This was one of the reasons I joined PlusNet all those years ago.

On the plus side, the problem seems to have largely gone away now.  It would be nice to know at the time of the problem, not when it is history though.

Can you see why PlusNet is getting such a bad reputation?

metalsman
Hooked

Well, what a difference a day makes!! Today, my email service (IMAP) has been great (hope I am not tempting fate here!).

Such is the difference between yesterdays performance and today's that there must be a logical explanation or is it that PN are actually starting to do something about it?

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@metalsman

Yes they are doing something about it, we're just not sure when! Funny Most likely yesterdays outage was to give the mouse that powers the server turbine a well earned break. Roll_eyes

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@metalsman  unfortunately PN would have not fixed it yet ,, But it has been known to work correctly at random times Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's interesting that when I log into Webmail it takes 10-15 seconds to load my Inbox.

I then go to Junk and delete 3 emails there.

Then I go back to my Inbox which takes 35-45 seconds to reload the same emails.

Curious.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Strat

I mentioned much the same thing to @BobPullen a while back when I discovered an issue with the server permissions. That problem has yet to be resolved or answered but amongst other things you'll probably find that navigating from one folder to the next will eventually slow the whole webmail to a crawl. I notice at that point you see the spinning orb of misery at increasingly long intervals. The only solution or workaround I found was to keep refreshing the page between navigation.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

It was pretty nippy this morning , will see as day progress

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
metalsman
Hooked

I should have known it was too good to last - back to a crawl again! Angry

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's dreadful today - it's proving really difficult to get any folder to list, even those with few emails in them.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@rongtw wrote:

It was pretty nippy this morning.....

Were you referring to the weather or webmail? Huh 

Yes it was downloading okay for me too this morning, I've not been in all afternoon so can't vouch for the PM.

madmax1968
Grafter

Over 2hrs hanging on the line for [-Censored-] to answer and pre-recorded messsage said wait time up to 30 mins then crappy music/gave upTicked_off......how did they win broadband customer service's award I will never know.. the judge must have been sniffing glue!!! 

bazzer
Pro

Sick to the back teeth of PN and their pathetic email service.

They have got to be the Southern Rail of the internet service and if you are a customer of both you have my deepest sympathy.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I have just about had enough this is the worst e mail that I have ever used but it never used to be like this It is I keep saying PN have got too big for their boots. I am seriously considering Invoicing PN for the time I have wasted on their e mail service maybe they might do something then because they are doing * * * * all now (censored as we are not adults and maybe offended by the odd swear word) I have been trying for the last hour to access my e mails WHY WHY WHY will someone please tell me WHY this has been going on for months. Does anyone know if I can move my domain name to another web server as that is the only thing keeping me here......

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@madmax1968 wrote:

Over 2hrs hanging on the line for [-Censored-] to answer and pre-recorded messsage said wait time up to 30 mins then crappy music/gave upTicked_off......how did they win broadband customer service's award I will never know.. the judge must have been sniffing glue!!! 

No - the person announcing the winner was given the wrong envelope! Cheesy

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)