Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Problems with Webmail

@MKSlinky

I've spoken to our incident team earlier today as the server load looks higher than it has been recently and I've seen the posts here with people talking about their experiences. They're investigating if it's a new problem or if it's related to the ongoing issues we've had over the last few months.

As always please continue to post about your experiences, I know it may sometimes feel like nobody is listening but these customer experiences are crucial to help us identify and rectify the problems that you're having.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@JonoH

Thanks very much Thumbs_Up

Yes I'm sure we'll keep posting even if it is to vent our frustrations. I have to say though that TV advert of your's is getting a bit irritating when Plusnet Joe keeps on saying 'We'll do you proud', it's not looking that way lately I'm sorry to say Undecided

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@JonoH. I would say PN have had enough time to investigate this problem !!!!!!!!
And cannot believe they dont employ someone who is capable of finding a solution, this is now getting beyond ridiculous
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
marydearist1
Hooked

lucky you I haven't been able to get in ALL DAY !!!!!!!!!

steam_age
Hooked

I can get my messages displayed now, though it's still taking a _very_ long to refresh each page.

Today's little irony is that many of the messages I've received are spurious notifications from this Community forum telling me about all the other posts in this thread since I posted my report! I have now unsubscribed from the thread 😉

(5 mins later...) Spoke too soon! Back to the blank message-list and "mailbox is empty" message after reading just one new message

rahewitt
Grafter

It wouId be very handy if the service status could be udated on this!

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

That might prove difficult..., a new excuse needs to be found first. Gosh did I really say that?!! Shocked

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Well after almost 15 hours it's suddenly downloading again! I just got swamped with 60 emails Smiley

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Webmail is REALLY turgid today.

For several days I've been getting the "Failed to send message" frequently.

Getting really fed up!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm unable to view the contents of my Inbox assuming there is content in my Inbox as there should be.

Very disappointing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I really don't think PN are actually doing anything about this as this goes from bad to worse back to bad and then worse again. I have got used to waiting ages for my e mail to do anything but when you cant actually access it it is very frustrating and this has been going on for months in my case six months and counting It seems to me that PN have outgrown themselves and are a victim of their own success and if they are not careful will go back to being a small independent company with a service you can rely on.Those were the days customer service answered straight away things got done the customer got listened to. To be honest I think now it is a con that they call themselves Plusnet they should call themselves BT 2.....

metalsman
Hooked

I can only agree with other posters here.  Today has been the worst I have ever experienced.  Usually at some part of the day I can get my emails downloaded but not today.  I have been trying since 8.30am this morning.  PN need to wake up and smell the coffee.

bazzer
Pro

And today I got an email inviting me to join other happy PN mobile customers. 

You must be joking. 

It is abundantly clear that the marketing department are completely detached from this or any forum in which PN feature. 

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Unable to receive email on my iPad most of today (using IMAP). Took many minutes to sync on the PC. Currently much improved but still taking just over 1 minute to finish syncing on the PC.

After the 2006 disaster, PlusNet said (see http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/2600008-alas-the-email-has-gone-for-good.html#Post2600008 ) "When it is implemented the new platform will provide us and you with a vastly scalable, site resilient mail storage set-up". I wonder (after over 10 years) when that'll be!

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Strat

Thanks for your honesty and voicing your own concerns. Things must be getting bad if even you as a Moderator feel the need to contribute. Thumbs_Up Credit to you fella!

Of course now that some of us are now happily downloading our messages again it might have been useful to know why this happened today. Did anyone at Plusnet even bother to update the Service Status page?

NO!!