Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Problems with Webmail

@HarryB

I would like PN to say 

We know what the problem is , and we will fix it !!   and give us a definite time scale !

If you cant fix it What is your plan B ? 

Last November 9 weeks ago similar update as this week Sad https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problems-with-Webmail/m-p/1389362/highlight/true#M17207

29/11/16 you said https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problems-with-Webmail/m-p/1390235/highlight/true#M17270

then we saw this 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problems-with-Webmail/m-p/1390277/highlight/true#M17281

sad to see this https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problems-with-Webmail/m-p/1390413/highlight/true#M17309

Can you see why customers are annoyed  

Ps Sorry to say but it just looks like PN are throwing sticky plasters at the problem Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Ronski
Rising Star

I'm not quite so sure it's as simple as a capacity issue. I have hundreds, if not into the thousands of emails. I use IMAP and Outlook at home, that ground to a halt the other day, webmail wouldnt work eirher, yet my tablet using Aquamail accessing the same account via IMAP worked perfectly. Very strange.

PS I'm sure this forum doesn't help, I get an email for every single reply, only other option is a daily or weekly digest, why not just one email to say there's been a new reply and may be further replies like most other forums do! 

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Why not keep notifications 'on' but turn off the email option in your forum settings?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@Ronski - you can change the community notifications sent to email to be collected in a weekly digest. Just change your settings here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings

You can also change the reply notifications to be the first reply only (like traditional forums) on this page if you prefer it that way.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

neilhobbs wrote:

@HarryB  We'd like you to be upfront, truthful and honest with your users...  nothing more...  We are utterly fed up with Plusnet lying all of the time, treating customers with contempt and purposely withholding information

We understand your frustration but all updates to the email issue will be provided via the service status update as and when we have them.

rongtw wrote:

@HarryB

I would like PN to say 

We know what the problem is , and we will fix it !!   and give us a definite time scale !

We'd love to be able to provide you with a definite timescale for when these issues will be fully resolved but at this time that information is not available and we do not want to mislead.

rongtw wrote:

Can you see why customers are annoyed  

Ps Sorry to say but it just looks like PN are throwing sticky plasters at the problem Sad

I can absolutely understand why customers are annoyed, email access is important to a lot of people and as such when there are issues with the service it impacts a lot of our customers.

Whilst the issues are far from resolved the additional work that has taken place since November has on the whole (there has been some days where the service has performed worse then others) made things much better for the majority of our customers, whilst that is no help to those seeing difficulties more frequently I can only stress that work is ongoing and an update will be provided as and when we have one.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
annthomasltd
Rising Star

Just to make clear for PN and its representatives - dictionary for dishonest - adjective - not honest or fair; deceiving or fraudulent.

Certain organisations / people (in general not just PN) think that not stating all the facts known, means you haven't told any lies, and therefore have not been dishonest. Wrong, holding back facts when directly asked IS being dishonest.

We've all had months of non-info,(and no answer at all sometimes), from PN, and, just as one example, back in early 2016 when advised to "change your browser or keep cleaning cookies & cache" on the 3rd phonecall and stating to PN staff that their advice was pathetic, deflectionary, and time wasting for customers, lingers in the mind and repeatedly annoys. Only a few weeks back, on webchat, PN staff advising EXACTLY the same thing to naive paying customers - when ALL along you've either known all about the server issues, or done absolutely nothing to investigate it, whilst treating your customers like they're uneducated & an inconvenience whilst you have far more important things to do.

Get it yet @HarryB ?  PN representatives need to put themselves in the place of their customers and ask - how would I feel? We cannot believe PN representatives come on here and make out as if we're at fault! It makes YOU/PN look deficient as you can't even grasp and respond to simple questions. We just keep asking the same 3 questions -  What is it?  What are your plans?  What's the timescale? 

To keep responding, "I'm not prepared to answer your question in full. What do you want us to do?"  yet again shows  Plusnet = Fail.

Oh and while I'm here, the following was plucked from a reliable source - 

"20 Dec 2016 at 11:05
BT and Plusnet have once again topped Ofcom's quarterly whinge list for the most complained about broadband providers between July to September.

Communications regulator Ofcom receives 300 complaints a day for mobile, broadband, phone and pay TV.

Out of every 100,000 customers, BT received 36 complaints, while Plusnet (also owned by BT) received 30. The least moaned about was Sky, with just seven.

Last quarter BT and Plusnet also topped the list, scoring 26 and 23 respectively."

You're not doing many proud, and you're getting worse!

And elsewhere on the web PN repeatedly invite unhappy customers to their community forum to have a chat & discuss further any issues. So that's what we're trying to do. Not to be pointed towards non-informative, generic, repeated statements elsewhere on your website. Stop making statements/promises and then not seeing them through, it makes you all look foolish & unprofessional.

neilhobbs
Rising Star

@JonoH wrote:

@neilhobbswrote:

@HarryB  We'd like you to be upfront, truthful and honest with your users...  nothing more...  We are utterly fed up with Plusnet lying all of the time, treating customers with contempt and purposely withholding information

We understand your frustration but all updates to the email issue will be provided via the service status update as and when we have them.

@JonoH  You don't understand our frustration and you aren't sincere in your replies...  this is an unacceptable way to communicate with users of your system

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@annthomasltd wrote:

Get it yet @HarryB ?  PN representatives need to put themselves in the place of their customers and ask - how would I feel?

I completely understand the frustration with webmail and I myself am also extremely frustrated with this entire situation.

@annthomasltd wrote:
We cannot believe PN representatives come on here and make out as if we're at fault!

I'm not sure where you've got the impression that we're saying our customers are at fault due to problems with webmail.

@annthomasltd wrote:
It makes YOU/PN look deficient as you can't even grasp and respond to simple questions. We just keep asking the same 3 questions -  What is it?  What are your plans?  What's the timescale?

It's not that I don't want to be able to give a definitive answer to these questions, however as it currently stands, asking the same question is going to return the same answer.

@HarryB wrote:
we're already sharing as much information as we can here and via the service status page

@annthomasltd wrote:

To keep responding, "I'm not prepared to answer your question in full. What do you want us to do?"  yet again shows  Plusnet = Fail.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, it's not that I don't want to be able to answer the questions, however as much as this is not the answer you're looking for, we are already sharing as much information on this matter as we can here and via the service status page. I'm extremely sorry and frustrated that there is nothing more I can tell you all, however I'm sorry to say, I simply can't.

@ rongtw wrote:
I would like PN to say 

HarryB wrote:
As much as we would like to provide a timeline as to when the problem will be resolved, unfortunately that's simply something we cannot currently provide. In the interest of not setting false expectations we don't want to tell you it will be fixed by X and then not be able to meet this expectation.

@ neilhobbs wrote:
We'd like you to be upfront, truthful and honest with your users...  nothing more...

@HarryB wrote:
we're already sharing as much information as we can here and via the service status page

In the interest of not lying to customers, I'm not about to make up an answer that people want to hear, I'm going to continue to share the information I have available to me to share.

As we're simply going around in circles, I'm sorry to say I won't be responding to this thread until I have any further information to share.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@JonoH I can absolutely understand why customers are annoyed, email access is important to a lot of people and as such when there are issues with the service it impacts a lot of our customers.

well its nice too see PN at least admit its NOT a small number of Customers affected .

I would like to say Yes Staff here do a great job  Thumbs_Up, and have to bear the brunt of customers frustrations  and i do realize you can only do what Upper managers allow you to do and say .

I would also imagine that someone actually knows what the problem is , BUT are not allowed to implement the needed fixes due to constraints from upper managers.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
annthomasltd
Rising Star

You see, That's the attitude that really annoys your paying customers - " As we're simply going around in circles, I'm sorry to say I won't be responding to this thread until I have any further information to share."

Which again means, "stop bothering us with your questions, we're important & busy doing important things. And I'll scweam & scweam if you ask any more questions. In fact, I'm off now & don't bother me again!"

So, again, " We just keep asking the same 3 questions -  What is it?  What are your plans?  What's the timescale? "

A detailed, informative response of your actual actions, actual plans, actual dates is all we ask. PN representatives answering questions they want to, & not answering questions they don't want to, is common practice. Please answer all questions with some detail. Read the thread(s) so we don't have to keep asking the same questions, and give your customers with more tech knowledge than others something factual. Even if that shows your previous faults, start to get factual and positive. Look back and see how we all become over-thankful and over-polite when PN staff actually talk to us, have a conversation with us, provide customer service in an adult & professional manner.

"It's not that I don't want to be able to give a definitive answer to these questions, however as it currently stands, asking the same question is going to return the same answer."

Just give us something definitive, a few scraps of WHAT YOU DO KNOW. I refer again to being totally honest about all you know, from the beginning, back in early 2016 right up to now. Please do tell.

"Only a few weeks back, on webchat, PN staff advising EXACTLY the same thing to naive paying customers - when ALL along you've either known all about the server issues, or done absolutely nothing to investigate it, whilst treating your customers like they're uneducated & an inconvenience whilst you have far more important things to do."

So have you known all along? Are you still advising your customers to clear cache & use a diff browser? - cos that's being dishonest with your paying customers.

And - "elsewhere on the web PN repeatedly invite unhappy customers to their community forum to have a chat & discuss further any issues" -  is this your version of having a chat to discuss issues, short responses with no detail and then refusing to talk further.

Hmmm, to me it's more like a 12 yr old - "talk to the hand".

neilhobbs
Rising Star

@annthomasltd Thank you your comment, you have explained exactly what @HarryB @JonoH are doing...  disgraceful!

I expect this comment to be removed/edited by one of the moderators - as they are very efficient at trying to silence and threatening to remove my access to this forum...

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@neilhobbs wrote:

I expect this comment to be removed/edited by one of the moderators - as they are very efficient at trying to silence and threatening to remove my access to this forum...

I find this very difficult to believe, but happy to be corrected if presented with evidence to support this statement.

I would like to point out that I am a customer of Plusnet, not a staff member, forum moderator, shareholder or have any other connection to Plusnet. I have expressed my frustration over the performance of Webmail and issues with IMAP in the early posts to this thread and others. However, I gave up when I realised that whatever the underlying cause there was never going to be a publicly communicated explanation. I recognise that Plusnet operate in an extremely competitive market and any such response would be immediately seized upon by competitors and used to their advantage. I also understand that Plusnet employees who are doing their best to support customers on this unofficial channel can only give out the messages and information they have been given permission to do - or risk their careers. I would not describe their response as 'disgraceful'.

This thread appears to be the most frequently posted to over recent weeks, and as such is a clear indication to Plusnet that email performance is important to customers. Providing that contributors stay within the rules of this forum, which are there to protect all contributors be they staff, customers or moderators, there is always the leeway which allows us to vent our frustrations on the forum. At the same time I would respect and support the attitude of staff (and indeed customers) to refrain from commenting in the face of aggressive (and in my opinion bordering on abusive) comments directed at them.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@maranello wrote:

@neilhobbs wrote:

I find this very difficult to believe, but happy to be corrected if presented with evidence to support this statement.

@maranello I have endless Private Messages from the moderators...  I ignore them... 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Contents of private message posted without permission removed as per Forum Rules.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not having seen the 'insulting remark' I cannot comment on whether the action is justified. But if you cannot comply with the forum rules then such action is justified. If you PM me the message in question I can decide for myself. There are ways of getting your message across which don't involve insulting or derogatory comments directed at individuals. If you have 'endless Private Messages' then I suggest you remind yourself of the rules.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@maranello it wasn't an insulting remark...  it was a comment that Plusnet used to try and silence me...  I'm not going to forward you any private messages, as that's just childish...  I've said to them many time to remove my access, but they don't...

Plusnet are a complete disgrace...  this has been going on for 9 to 10 months and I've been trying to get sense and basic information from them for 3 months now...  it's time to move on and get on with life...