Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Problems with Webmail

Following an earlier suggestion by Plusnet to archive all emails to a local PC, using Thunderbird or similar, I did this (with some difficulty, this was accomplished).

I think Plusnet were panicking that they were going to lose all emails.

Speed using this method was good.

Today I left one small email behind. Cheesy

I tried to access this one email via webmail and it was gruesomely slow.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I think its a major infrastructure issue that they don't want or can't afford to fix. If it was anything less costly I'm sure they might have done a bit more to sort it.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@PhyllisTyne wrote:

If it was anything less costly I'm sure they might have done a bit more to sort it.

Don't you mean they might have done us proud? Funny

neilhobbs
Rising Star

Webmail has ground to a complete halt again...  Plusnet has failed yet again!

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

yep, wasn't too bad about half an hour ago. was actually able to delete some email. They keep hassling me about reducing the size of my mailboxes but webmail is too junk to let me get on with the job Grin

neilhobbs
Rising Star

They keep hassling you about reducing the size of your mailbox?  That's surprising, as I keep my mailbox very small - I download everything in my mailbox every two to there days via an installation of Outlook 2011 on my Mac which is configured as a POP3 client.  In between I use an installation of Outlook 2016 on a Windows 10 client which is configured to access my mailbox via IMAP4 and I keep it clean.

In this state, I never have more than 200 e-mails and Webmail is consistently slow and unusable.

Plusnet are blaming you for the slow performance, instead of sorting the issue.  Which is completely disgraceful...

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

I use pop3 on my account and leave 90 days on server. Its the kids IMAP accounts full of junk that I am trying to clear out but can't.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the issue is that there are a lot of emails to be deleted try using Plusnet's basic webmail (SquirrelMail)

In the Options, Display Preferences there's an option Number of Messages per Page which can be set to 1000 (normal webmail you can only do 200 at a time which gets somewhat tedious).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mickledore
Dabbler

Well I seldom have more than 10 mails sitting in my in box. I deal with then and move them on and out of my email account. I keep my sent and deleted folders just as tidy and clean. I still have all the problems everyone else has so those instructions seem to be just another delaying tactic from PN. Just another tactic to blame the customers for their own failings.

I'm still waiting for the phone call promised to me to confirm the the problem is solved. Pigs might fly!
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

@mickledore as you know from Customer Sevices it's only some customers who are  having problems! That'll be the ones actually using it I expect.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
mickledore
Dabbler

Ah yes. I never worked that one out. Silly me.

There's the answer to all our problems. Stop using it and we won't notice that it's not working.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Thats exactly what PN wants !
If people stop using it , they can say its Fixed 😋
I went to the PN facebook page and asked if they intend to fix webmail???? I got same generic answer as here , we are looking into it .
So it must be a big hole 😉
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@rongtw wrote:
I went to the PN facebook page and asked if they intend to fix webmail???? I got same generic answer as here , we are looking into it .

I'm not sure what else you want us to say, we're already sharing as much information as we can here and via the service status page and it's (largely) the same people (Including myself) that respond on Facebook/Twitter.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

It's galling beyond measure that every time I switch on my TV I get this idiot yelling about doing us proud while he tries to drum up yet more customers subsidised by the current users who are trapped in this mess. It must be obvious to everyone that PlusNet have simply swamped themselves with new (lossmaking) customers without investing in the infrastructure or staffing to cope.

Maybe when the golden goose has died the email system will be able to cope with the bargain basement customers who are left.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@HarryB wrote:

I'm not sure what else you want us to say...

@HarryB  We'd like you to be upfront, truthful and honest with your users...  nothing more...  We are utterly fed up with Plusnet lying all of the time, treating customers with contempt and purposely withholding information