cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

samuria
Grafter

Re: Problems with Webmail

Its not only webmail I cant get on webmail and thunderbird  and k9 cant get my very imortant email they just sit there trying to connect no errors  its been all day. Web mail hasnt work for months properly 

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Good news people!

I've been logged into the online webmail app for the last half hour and it appears to be fully functional for the first time since November 2016.

About time really! I have noticed however when accessing some sub menus under 'Preferences' it can grind to a halt which requires a page refresh to view that folder. Still it's step in the right direction. Thumbs_Up

bazzer
Pro

Good news MKSlinky but I wouldn't hold your breath as I gather it would have been about 3am when you posted news of joy and were probably the only one actually using the system except, of course, the guy whose job it is to decide which of us lucky customers gets to view email today Wink

neilhobbs
Rising Star

@JonoH and @bobpullen  Is the issue resolved now or are you still investigating?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Ronski wrote:
I can see from this thread that these problems have been going on for many months, coupled with various other issues (see Jelvs leaving thread) I can see it's time for me after 13+ years to be moving on.

For anyone wondering about the reference to my leaving thread it's here.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ClashingTitans
Dabbler

Returning, after several weeks away from this thread, to see that nothing has changed.

In October I was trying to run a charity event, in memory of a family member, with a mailing list of around 100. I had frequent 'service unavailable' notices; the near impossibility of sending anything with an attachment; and an address book that had to be closed down and reopened for every new name added.The next event is in April, and the problems are still the same.

I've written a letter to Plusnet and left pointed comments on their social media pages, but with no effect. I'd gladly leave them, but they make it too much hassle. However, today I finally decided to stop using their useless e-mail and go with GMail.

Plusnet, you were good once, and you generally 'did me proud', but I'm not prepared to waste any more hours of my life in front of a blank screen.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@ClashingTitans wrote:

Returning, after several weeks away from this thread, to see that nothing has changed.

Yes it has changed! I reported around 3 am this morning that webmail is now working and having just checked again it is still working. I wonder if perhaps some parts of the country are more affected than others perhaps? Today is certainly the first time since last November that I've been able to actually do anything in webmail. 

I live in the Bucks counties, where are you located?

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@ClashingTitans wrote:

I'd gladly leave them, but they make it too much hassle.

How? My move went very smoothly!

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I'm looking at moving to a Microsoft Office 365 offering with Exchange Online down the line, as it's fair superior service and Microsoft care about providing customers both updates and customer service...

I will have to start with a new e-mail address, but I really don't mind...

bazzer
Pro

Hi Jelv,

I had never heard of A&A before reading your post and their website isn't the most glamorous but I admit that doesn't mean they provide a bad service. It's clear that you and many others speak highly of them.

It's a disgrace that PN pushed a long standing customer to the point where they fully documented the reasons for leaving and a real kick in the teeth for the competitors name and branding to be used as your avatar.

Ronski
Rising Star

@neilhobbs Just register a domain name with someone like 1&1, you can then create as many email addresses as you like for that domain (don't know what the limit is, if there is one)  for example neil@yourchosendomain.co.uk and then set them to forward to your ISP's address (or wherever suits), then if you change ISP it's just a case of changing where your mail goes. Or better still take out email hosting with someone who knows what they are doing!

PS. Outlook is collecting mail again, but webmail still appear broken - luckily I rarely use that. Actually it's just really slow.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@bazzer wrote:

It's a disgrace that PN pushed a long standing customer to the point where they fully documented the reasons for leaving and a real kick in the teeth for the competitors name and branding to be used as your avatar.

What I find really surprising is that there has been no response to my post. You'd have thought as a minimum they might have given some indication of the plans to address some of the points I raised!

neilhobbs
Rising Star

@Ronski Yep...  I was looking at doing that very thing previously...  but ended up in a hotel on a contract...  with the way that Plusnet treat their customers and manage their platform there isn't another option...

At the moment, I'm an Office 365 Home customer so switching to a Business customer would be a simple exercise and at less than £10 a month, a 50GB mailbox with anti-virus, spam protection and backup services it's a no-brainer...  I'll be looking at this again, when I sort out a new gig...

I'm on my Mac with Outlook 2011 which is configured as a POP3 client and things seem to be usable at the moment.  Like you I rarely Webmail, as its a complete nightmare of a user experience...

Ronski
Rising Star

@neilhobbs no idea what you mean about in a hotel on a contract and no other option. I have my own domain name with my own email address, as to other members of my family and it simply forward (transparently) to wherever, in my case my plusnet address.

Webmail is broken, whilst my sent folded loaded (extremely slowly) it won't load my inbox, and I suspect it's due to the volume of emails in there - other 2000. I really do need to sort it out sometime.

neilhobbs
Rising Star

jelv wrote:

What I find really surprising is that there has been no response to my post. You'd have thought as a minimum they might have given some indication of the plans to address some of the points I raised!

I have had the same experience...  Plusnet just don't seem to care about anything - they don't respond to anyone on anything (apart from the moderators on here who repeatedly try to tell me off because I'm breaking their rules and I tell them they're out of order for speaking to a user like that)...  a complete lack of interest or consideration for what they are doing...  plus that they don't seem to have any understanding of basic ITIL practices...