cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

Hi Folks! i may as well add this to make the post number a round one. Webmail quite diabolical today, 2hrs to read 3 smallish emails with a few time limit notices so I gave up!

Knuppel

AmigaMan
Rising Star

It's an odd number again! Smiley

My Webmail access isn't too bad today. Very slow but to just be working is a bonus these days. It's almost as if Plusnet just swap a few leads around each day to try and give everyone access a couple of times a week. Your webmail will probably be working tomorrow and mine not. It's all very odd.

bazzer
Pro

LOL I bet PN would love to just swap a couple of leads around so that we have the privilege of getting a few emails!!

That would save them bashing their heads together to work out why after months and months they still can't provide a fully functioning email service.

I'm glad that we don't go into a restaurant and expect half cooked food to be acceptable.

neilhobbs
Rising Star

Even the basic Webmail service is offline - logged in and I'm told that that the IMAP connection has been dropped...

They provide a disgraceful, unacceptable service and they don't have the decency to update their users with what is going on, when they expect to have an improved service...  It's a very very long way from their ads...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The only Fix PN can come up with ... is to Use a Mail client Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@rongtw wrote:

The only Fix PN can come up with ... is to Use a Mail client Sad

And that isn't working...  Outlook hasn't been able to connect since 1pm today...

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

@JonoH Maybe you'd like to share which customers aren't having problems?

When I can eventually open a new email on my iPad it just tells me that there's no content (because the server can't respond in any sort of half-acceptable time).

Luckily though my PC is more tolerant so I can eventually get there.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@quelquod wrote:

@JonoH Maybe you'd like to share which customers aren't having problems?

I think that would be an excellent idea...  It's simply not acceptable for an ISP to have a 4 hour and counting outage and for them to remain silent...

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Guys I understand your frustration and I know that this is causing some of you great inconvenience, but I am unable to give you any more information at this time.

I know for those of you still impacted that it's of little consolation but whilst the mail service is by no means good, for the vast majority of users it's much better than when this began and work continues to make it a better experience for everyone.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
MYSELF

All my contacts have gone since being forced to charged from madasafish to this PN rubbish

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@MYSELF We're hopping to get the address books restored soon, sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@JonoH wrote:

Guys I understand your frustration and I know that this is causing some of you great inconvenience, but I am unable to give you any more information at this time.

Why are unable to give us any more information?  Have you been told to keep your customers and users in the dark?  Do you not understand what the issue is?

neilhobbs
Rising Star

Now the Webmail URL is unavailable!  What is going on?  Talk to your users!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

23 seconds to open the Inbox on Webmail which contains 1187 messages so not too bad.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@Strat that is no consolation...  I've been unable to get any mail through Outlook/IMAP or through the Webmail site for nearly 5 hours and no one is informing us on what is going on...

Completely Unacceptable!