cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

bazzer
Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

It was in May 2016 that I first raised the issue with Webmail (https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Webmail-Extremely-Slow/td-p/1334274) and 8 months later this problem is still rolling on and unsolved.

I cannot believe in this day and age that there isn't anyone within PN, one of the biggest UK ISP's, that doesn't understand what the problem is and if that really is the case you must take a serious look at the competency of those responsible for this.

My concern is that if a similar issue affected their internet services the company will fold because no one will tolerate a service as hit and miss as Webmail is.

I suspect that the cause of the issue is known but is too expensive to address.

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Email is not working for me again today. It takes minutes to display emails, If I try and open or delete one it just throws me back to the Login page. Round and round in circles. Talk about frustrating!

mrob
Grafter

Very difficult to get logged in today - mostly failing - but when I do the page just doesn't load.

So back to unusable again for the moment.

Lost for what else to say - I've said it all before, as have many others , over a period of months now and still the situation goes on with no meaningful (as opposed to uselessly generic) response or information from Plusnet.

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I have logged into the Webmail service just not to see what is going on, as Outlook 2016 took over 5 mins to connect to the IMAP Service and display 32 new e-mails.

At the moment, I have the Webmail service in another tab and I can see that there are 32 new e-mails, but nothing is displayed in the 'Inbox' pane, I clicked on the 'Check for new messages' button and nothing is being displayed...

What is going on?  Why is Plusnet refusing to explain what is happening?

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I have just clicked on the 'Check for new messages' button again (the time of posting this update)...  the browser title is showing that I have 33 new e-mails, but the 'Inbox' pane is still blank...

The 33 new e-mails have appeared in Outlook 2016 via IMAP though.

What is happening?

mrob
Grafter

14 new emails which i can't access - I log in but loading takes so long I'm eventually timed out.

Today, unhappily, has been like the bad old days of a few weeks before Christmas when webmail was frequently unusable - on one occasion for 5 days (and longer for others).

This is just no good Plusnet....the cheery assurances of customer service in your adverts just aren't cutting it as far as webmail is concerned.

neilhobbs
Rising Star

@mrob wrote:

This is just no good Plusnet....the cheery assurances of customer service in your adverts just aren't cutting it as far as webmail is concerned.

Hi @mrob

I completely agree...  its terrible that Plusnet staff are refusing to post any reply to our questions...

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

I don't get why it is so variable on the times, just logged into mail with 1200 messages in there, got in <5 seconds and can move messages send fine.
neilhobbs
Rising Star

This really feels like a storage issue - lack of IOPS from the storage subsystem...  I think Plusnet need to get their storage vendor in for some analysis and remediation actions as soon as possible... 

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I can see two things...  there is still problems with the Webmail Service and Plusnet are still remaining silent...

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I see after 24 hours Plusnet staff are still refusing to reply to this thread to update their customers...

Its disgraceful...

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Maybe they are loaning hardware to BT, who are a bit short of cash at the moment. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

neilhobbs
Rising Star

They're probably in the queue at Maplins trying to get the external USB hard drives and the 8 port hubs at a discounted price...  Grin

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @neilhobbs really sorry that you're still having issues and appreciate that you would like more information but at this point all I can say is that we're aware that some customers are still having issues with webmail and work continues to improve the service.

Once we have a more substantial update I'll share it with the community.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
mrob
Grafter

Back to no email access at all today - can't get beyond the login page.