cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

Update here! Loading rather slow most of the time but eventually ran out of server after about 3/4 hour and has not come back. Seems to be not much progress after a good start for me. I wonder if anyone else has a similar experience.

Grrrrr Huh

bazzer
Pro

I'm getting server error messages now and again, certainly not as fluid as it should be.

I do wonder what the outcome for PN would be if this was the same issues experienced for their internet services. How can you possibly not resolve this after so many months?

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Yes well it was great while it lasted. I say great, it was still tediously slow at times but now it's back to not working at all. I must say my patience is being tried. If it's not sorted by the end of the year I know what my New Years resolution will be. Plusnet might claim that Email is a free service but it was all listed as part of the overall service offered when I joined at least 18 years ago so I consider I'm paying for this.

stevemccl
Dabbler

Still horrendous for me. More than 20 minutes attempting to download 3 small emails using IMAP - still no joy. Attempting to move / delete emails from witihn webmail - server errors, either works unbearably slow or times out. Another day or two of this and I'm changing service provider.

This has been going on far too long, and many customers have been either ignored or simply left in the dark. I cringe every time I see the tagline 'we'll do you proud' underneath the logo at the top of the community forum page.

dormans

I'm having the same problems. It's a nightmare as this is my main email address. Surely it can't be that hard to fix?

colintivy
Rising Star

Sorry to hear new(ish) customers having their say above. I actually read 2 emails just now in a hour and a half which, I suppose is better than not at all!!

AngrySadShocked

cassuki
Rising Star

I've just received another email from Plusnet telling me that I am over my mail quota. I replied to the previous message in the Member Centre on 5th December but have still had no response from them. How can I be expected to reduce the mail stored when mail just isn't working other than for very brief periods? This latest email contains a link to contact them which only leads to two options: phone and chat. If you select Phone there is at least a half hour wait and selecting Chat results in a message saying no connection available.  Why has the option for creating new messages in the Member Centre been removed? Plusnet are making it as difficult as possible for customers to get through to them. Their current customer service provision is one of the worst I've ever experienced and not what we've all come to expect from Plusnet.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I used Live Chat on Tuesday evening - very efficient though I did have to wait 8 minutes for an advisor.

Webmail now effectively back to normal for me.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Managed to load webmail on my account albeit slowly (360 items)

Failed to load webmail on my Daughter's account (1200+ items) but no server error in the first 3 minutes of waiting.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mrob
Grafter

I had a couple of days of functional webmail - not efficiently functioning, basically functioning - but that seemed like bliss after weeks of practically unusable webmail.

Sadly what has come to be Plusnet's new normal has returned...difficulties logging in, error messages, pages taking forever to load or just not loading at all.

It continues to astound me that this has gone on so long...as does the meagre and irregular communication from Plusnet about this long-standing situation.

fatboy1969

Had two day of being able to read my emails and now its back to being completely useless!!

ITS JUST [-Censored-]. 

Might need a new TV soon as i am probably going to throw my coffee mug at it next time the Plusnet ad comes on saying how great they are!!!!

AmigaMan
Rising Star

I've been trying for an hour now to download emails with no success. "Service Unavailable" is all I get. This is my ONLY email address. According to the Service Status message from yesterday customers are now reporting much improved service with slowdowns at peak times!?? Slowdowns? Not working at all is not a slowdown. A "slowdown" is what the normal service now is but at least we can get emails after several attempts and delete emails as long as you don't mind waiting a couple of minutes until it times out, then you find it has often deleted the emails when you re connect, but not always so you go through the process again.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Do you both get the same if you use pop3 to download the mail to your computer? May not be an option but if you
Can archive the mail off using pop3 to make box smaller, make sure you tick the option to remove mail from the server.
I know you should t have to do that and the webmail should work etc. But might be worth a try to get emails back?

It seems like there is some intermittent problem for some people as my 900 mail inbox loads in < 10s usually, so sounds like some nasty lurking that's hitting both of you for some reason 😒
fatboy1969

Usual reply i get from online chat is that because it's 'free' you shouldn't expect it to work properly!

Doing me proud?  I think NOT.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

online chat is that because it's 'free' you shouldn't expect it to work properly!

Cumon PN are you Honestly telling your staff to say this EmbarrassedLips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .