Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

neilhobbs
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

@mrob wrote:

Although I don't know about the technical aspect of things, I do know a bit about business and a lot about communication and organisational dynamics. As I said in an earlier posting, business and communication 101 tells you that keeping customers in the loop is worth the investment...the costs of not doing that could be high in terms of lost business and impact on Plusnet's previously decent reputation.

Even if there isn't anything much new to tell us - then tell us that - just talking to customers will assure us that you know we're still out here putting up with this and that you accord us that basic respect as customers until such times as you are able to rectify these frustratingly long-standing problems.

Mrob

This is my exact point...  until Bob saw my post, the PlusNet guys have been unwilling to engage, communicate and share information and thus they have been infuriating customers and they have done a lot of harm to their reputation.  There is endless complaints on Facebook and @JonoH from here has been continuing to do harm to their reputation...

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

"please release me let me go"

I have had it up to here with the constant bombardment in my inbox from this forum I have altered my settings in Preferences and still I am bombarded by the replies to messages Maybe just another defect in the Plusnet system but I just wish they would sort it out so all the moaning would stop and I could get on with my life i have given up moaning as it doesn't seem to do anything and i will be moving on after Christmas just to stop the e mails at least life is too short. 

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I think its time to switch ISPs...  they've spent over a week looking at this and not getting anywhere and their Customer Service is terrible

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Same here. Can't stop them. I can have the option to remove my email address but am warned I won't be able to add it again! I have unsubscribed from the thread so am no longer given the option but still they come!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Fantasticfourum @PhyllisTyne

You were both showing as subscribed to the thread, I've sorted that out for you.

To anyone else, if you're trying to unsubscribe please ensure you're selecting 'Unsubscribe' from the thread options dropdown, not the post options one.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I've just logged onto my Webmail during my lunch hour and find it running EXTREMELY well - it's very fast and I'm sure quicker than I've experienced it ever before. (I am on a very fast connection at work)

The key is not to have much there - and I've taken on board the suggestion to drop the number of emails shown per page - down in my case from 200 to 50. It's only Sent Items that I now have more than that in to test it - it was quicker.

I urge people still having problems to try doing that, which doesn't really impinge on workability.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Fantasticfourum wrote:

"please release me let me go"

I have had it up to here with the constant bombardment in my inbox from this forum I have altered my settings in Preferences and still I am bombarded by the replies to messages.

Do you have this as an option?

unsubscribe.jpg

@neilhobbs wrote:
Let me know if you need anything more...

Thanks Neil, will do.

Edit: I see @Chris beat me to it Roll_eyes

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

neilhobbs
Rising Star

@Chris - Scratch the deletion, Bob would like me to stay...

steam_age
Hooked

Hmmm... I wouldn't go as far as @drj, but Web Mail does seem to be working rather better at the moment than in recent weeks. I've only had it time out on me 3 or 4 times today, and refreshing the browser windows has had the desired effect each time. It's still slow, sometimes very slow, and one shouldn't have to keep the number of mails in a mailbox to below 50 in order to make things work.

So thanks for the progress made so far and keep up the good work. Let's get it back to normal before Christmas, and then keep it that way!

We should never have such rotten performance again, and we should certainly never have to put up with such dreadful customer service ever again. Server performance needs to be monitored internally, and problems must be fixed as soon as they arise, not left to fester for weeks before anything is done.

mrob
Grafter

Oh how i envy you and drj, steam_age...and well-said in your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

Mrob

grumpybob2

My email worked well for a day or two earlier this week. Now, not working (again). FFS!

mrob
Grafter

No wonder you're grumpy bob...we all are.

Boz
Rising Star

@neilhobbs wrote:

...they've spent over a week looking at this and not getting anywhere and their Customer Service is terrible

Are they really serious about solving this problem?    Only being able to read your emails in the middle of the night is frankly unacceptable.    Plusnet pride themselves on providing good service, but this situation is letting the whole show down.

Boz

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Agree it needs fixing, but for quite a few of us it has and is much quicker, that doesn't help the likes of yourself who it isn't working for though.

Did you see my post above about moving as much as you can to a different folder (smaller folders the better) and configure to see 40 at a time.

They are just workarounds but might mean you Can see new email coming into your inbox during the day easily until it's properly fixed.
colintivy
Rising Star

Things have looked up a bit here, a few days ago not only the webmail was slow or stopped, I could not even access the Community website either....bad had gone worse!!!

Now I have had a fair performance with emails arriving and only one brought up the usual Server error statement to stop me trying any more. I have managed to get my Inbox down to under 20 with a lot of deleting rubbish but this does not seem to improve thigs as I see them.

Still in hopeful mode Roll_eyes