cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Trying
Dabbler

Re: Problems with Webmail

Please get back on track and resolve our email access problems.....

When trying to log in, we have now deteriorated to several....

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

rather than ..... getting a log in but the Inbox access coming up.......

Server error! (error)

cassuki
Rising Star

Webmail is still not working properly for me. I did manage to log in and delete about 60 emails a couple of days ago but then kept getting server error. Today I can log in but my inbox is empty and I see the error message:

Server error! (error)

I've tried setting up access on my iPad but that says it cannot connect to the imap server. I've tried numerous times. I've had emails telling me I'm over quota but can't access my emails to delete any more. If they get archived before I get a chance t review them, I will be livid.

cassuki
Rising Star

Now I can't log in - it starts to display the page but while loading then displays:

Your session has expired or is invalid

and throws me back out to the login screen.

donniem

I can't understand why they just stop providing it. Their own advice is to use gmail. What an admission to make. I've found the broadband and TV to be fine and was spreading the word on the competitive prices. Not any more. I wouldn't inflict their email service on my worst enemy. The links with BT really show.The problem is that the other "providers" are not much better. BT is just awful, Talk Talk are awful and I don't want to enhance Rupert Murdoch's pension pot 

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Well it was great while it lasted. I could actually read and send emails for a few hours. Now I just get "Service Unavailable" again. I wonder who all these customers are that are "reporting improved service" as it states on the Service Status page?

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

@donniem wrote:

I can't understand why they just stop providing it. Their own advice is to use gmail. What an admission to make.  

So far I've seen one person quote a help desk person saying use gmail, hard to put that down to an official line from plusnet. @bobpullen can you clear things up if the official plus story line is not to use plus et email but go with google or hotmail?

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Can't use email tonight (AND I use a Windows or iOS 'client'). This is desperate!

The trouble is that I've been with PlusNet since 1998, soon after they started as Force9 and it would take me literally forever to try to trace and alter all of the email links that I have with all my various suppliers, services, friends and clubs. It's all very well advising people to use for instance Gmail or Hotmail, but when I started things like that didn't exist and your ISP email was the only option.

<edit> and now it's suddenly usable again - quickly making sure I have a local backup in case it all goes down the tube!</edit>

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
thunderer
Grafter

Using MS Outlook 2016 as my email client and it starts quickly and then connects promptly but it takes forever to download any emails that I may have waiting for me.

I get notifications OK, but when it comes to downloading/accessing the emails, it takes an absolute age compared to what it used to be like.

Come on guys pull your finger out, I need to know whether my orders from online retailers have been accepted and when things are being delivered etc.

FernandoR
Dabbler

Getting silly now. I can see PN losing thousands of customers.   NOT working again.   EDIT... just got my e-mails but it took ages.   FAILING, most of the time.  Looks like PN haven't really got a clue what they are doing??? 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yes I also have to report Webmail back to normal Sad

Must be somthing to with Congestion !!  works during early hours but as day goes on it gets worse Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
carole

Quite frankly I am sick and tired of not being able to access my email, I have been able to access 3 x times in past 3 weeks, just not good enough !!!

We are all paying for a service that we are not getting putting up a notice " SERVER ERROR " really doesn't help, Ive been looking at that error message for far too long and personally think we should be compensated by way of a refund for not being able to use this service.

KevH
Rising Star

I've just tried accessing webmail this morning, after suffering the same problems as everybody else. Fortunatley I don't rely on it but is useful sometimes to work on your email on a PC rather than a phone/tablet screen when away from home.

Anyway, the performance is very good this morning. No issues logging in. Inbox displayed quickly (I have 2300 emails at the moment) and even when there weren't issues it would take some time to load. Quick to open up an email to reply. Deleting is probably the slowest acrtivity but this has never been quick.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Since the previous topic dealing with failure to send messages

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Webmail-message-sending-error/m-p/1231199/highlight/true#M13060 

... has been locked 

(Why????)

... I'm reporting that it took four goes today to send a message.

This problem has been ongoing for over 18 months at least now. Another example of PlusNet refusing or being unable to fix basic issues with Webmail...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in post 339 I mentioned the oddity of the fact that the mail works really well at the same time this forum. At the moment I don’t have the spinning busy icon on my web page tab and the web mail is working for me at least instantly.

But I do suspect that is the day goes on this will change. Does anyone at Plusnet have any thoughts on this being related to congestion / bandwidth or is it pure coincidence?

colintivy
Rising Star

Dead as a dodo all morning here. Must be a weekday phenomenon!