Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Problems with Webmail

SORRY but ,,,, The slowdown has begun Sad

Thought was too good to be true

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Working well for me.

Just checked my daughter's email account with over 1200 items and it's running normally.

However, like others I'm waiting for tomorrow daytime and give it a test or two.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Only got a small mailbox as delete most as I go, still zippy for me to, will see what it's like during the day tomorrow though.
bazzer
Pro

Now getting the "Could not load message from server" error.

It's like one step forward and two back.

Fibreflop
Dabbler

Hi MattyC

I did get in to my emails on Saturday 3rd, but sadly at 9.22 am today I am connecting to the PN Webmail then it runs slowly and says server error!!

So the issue raised on 18th October still hasn't been resolved. It's fair to say I, like many customers are very weary of the whole thing now. 

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Conversely having just been alerted to that response I've just tried and it's working quicker than ever!   Clearly this is an issue that affect some people much more than others.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Tried my daughter's account (1200 messages) this morning and had the 'server error' and no email list.

Tried my account (120 messages) and it opened ok.

Her account is Plusnet.

My account is force9.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
FernandoR
Dabbler

Was fine earlier.  FAILING now.   

SJ68

I'm still having problems too. I logged onto my Webmail just now & had an empty inbox with the all too familiar "server error"  message. I can access new emails by selecting "unread"  from the filter drop-down menu, but can't get any read emails to show/load. And while going through the unread emails (there were 9 of them), I got thrown out of Webmail, back to the login page...

I have over 4000 emails in my inbox & I'm certain that's part of the problem...I have been trying to delete some over the past months but it is incredibly arduous as the pages load so slowly & if I try to delete quickly,some of the  emails bizarrely multiply & then the "server error" message rears its ugly head. And obviously, if I can't even load the emails, I can't delete them anyway!

It's all immensely frustrating & I'm afraid I'm fast losing my patience with Plusnet...

mrob
Grafter

Saturday saw an improvement...email was still slow but significantly improved. Noticed a slowing down on Sun evening and this morning back to the same old same old. I can log in (eventually) but page takes so long to load that I'm "timed-out" and sent back to the login page. 

In other words, no functioning email again.

And still communication from Plusnet is woefully dire .

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Strat@bazzer@Fibreflop@FernandoR, @SJ68 and @mrob - Are you able to drop me a private message containing the specific email address(es) it is you're having problems with?

I'm wanting to see whether or not I can spot any similarities.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Barely any reports on our Twitter/Facebook today, a few repeat customers yesterday complaining. Personally, I've been able to log on fine this morning. Some customers are still unable to get online.

It's pretty clear that having less emails in your inbox improves the service, though I fully understand that it shouldn't be a necessity. Work continues to isolate more issues that could are impacting the service, and I believe there's a meeting going on at the moment (I've just gotten in the office).

I'll keep updating this thread throughout the week.

Cheers,

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
daveh1956
Dabbler

could get on first thing this morning but back to its bad old ways again now

Trying
Dabbler

Is there currently a major access problem to our email accounts this morning... ?Huh
I have been trying to access my Plusnet Inbox email for almost an hour now, without success.
I am logging in OK, as I can sometimes access junk folder and sent folder.
However my Inbox folder keeps coming up 'Server error! (error)'. and then when trying again, infrequently booting me out back to log in page.
Oh....hang on.... I am in, and managed to view Inbox and one email....
But then back to same routine.... (Inbox folder  coming up 'Server error! (error)'. and then when trying again, infrequently booting me out back to log in page.) Sad
Not Happy, as for me, nothing seems to be improving even though maintenance/ improvements have repeatedly supposedly taken place recently.

SJ68

@Trying You're not alone - those are the same problems I'm having today.