cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

mrob
Grafter

Re: Problems with Webmail

Thanks for this Strat....very much appreciated.

I'm keeping everything crossed now !

whalleyman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Really need to get this sorted as I have had no email service since yesterday evening. Appreciate system maintenance is required from time to time but this year I have experienced  numerous problems following behind the scenes updates.During the summer  my IP address was changed which left me with a bad broadband connection for the best part of a week before it was eventually resolved. Been with Plusnet for many years without any problems until this year.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

This was posted in 2007 ,,,,•a next-generation email platform with new features, enhanced Webmail, and vastly improved service performance and resilienceSad

from this post http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4518007-why-i-have-left-plusnet.html?fpart=2#Post4518317

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Several times this morning I’ve tired to log into webmail (squirrel mail) but all I get is what you see in this image!

Login response!

Which of course is nothing, is this just happening to me?

anthonytravis
Dabbler

Oh dear. My hopes of improvement are dashed... [again]

Using it this morning and I find the same issues:

Long waits for page to reload  - constant spinning wheel of boredom

"Server Error"

At least I haven't had a "Service Unavailable" yet Smiley 

This is not a free service. I pay for it [and have paid for 12 years] as part of my premium broadband subscription. The quality of the Plusnet webmail program is appalling and has been for months - worse than the old system now,

The advice to use an email client is not helpful - I need to access my email on a variety of different devices and platforms and webmail should be the ideal/easy answer, not a constant throbbing headache of frustration.

I can't see why this can't be sorted or a decent new solution implemented. 1&1 have a great webmail platform for example - fast and flexible and easy to use with lots of options including proper HTML formatting. If they were a broadband provider I'd be off like a shot.

Come on Plusnet! I and everybody else deserve a better service.

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

Same old same old this morning.

Webmail and Squirrel Mail completely blank.

Plusnet apologise for the 'inconvenience'. How I hate that word. I suggest they link to a thesaurus and expand their vocabulary - 'annoyance', 'frustration', 'distress', etc, and show some human understanding for once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ClashingTitans - Are you seeing the same as the above image?

Edit:- Now the bloody login page is blank FFS!

mrob
Grafter

Yet again frustration and disappointment.

I can now get in to webmail but - emails don't load

- tried drafting an email, drafts won't save

- tried sending the drafted email, email won't send from drafts

So my webmail continues to be unusable...as it has been since Monday.

godsell4
Rising Star

no improvement for me this morning, this is a big problem because it is the only way in which I check to see if messages have been marked and held as SPAM which should not be.

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
anthonytravis
Dabbler

...and now, things have taken a turn for the worse!

When the page eventually loads, the inbox shows no emails and says "mailbox is empty"

Grrr...

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

It appears some of you are experiencing new problems which several others have been having for weeks me included the Mailbox Empty thing I reported on here ages ago but at least I could eventually read my e mails now it is no more  than a damn JOKE Even BT has a far better mail service but as people are trying to contact me on PN then its a bit difficult to respond using my BT account. A side issue that has really annoyed me for a while is that when you type in a e mail address every e mail server in the world will show all e mails with that address to save you having to look it up Not plusnet you get obscure addresses that you hardly use maybe this was a sign that things were coming off the tracks now we are in a Train crash as they said they knew the problem and would deal with it last night is this so Unprofessional or what !!!!

richard33
Dabbler

Just in case nobody at Plusnet has noticed, I see that since 2010 there are 71 pages of TOPICS on the subject of PN Webmail  - many, many of the them relating to the pathetic state of the mail service. I see that a moderator has just locked the one on which I was posting. That should fix it!

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Just tried on line support forget it !!  also rang Customer support at least a thirty minute wait so these problems are widespread I wonder if PN will get any awards this year for customer support I have said this before they have just got too big for their boots when they were a much smaller outfit it was the best service around now they have been having a strong advert campaign for a good while they have outgrown themselves They should have improved the infrastructure before taking on so many new customers.

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Apparently, other "branded" email services provided by PlusNet, including Waitrose and John Lewis, are also now affected. This just keeps getting worse and worse ....