cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

cassuki
Rising Star

Problems with Webmail

Logging in tooking about 3 minutes then double clicked an email to open it and got 'Service Unavailable. Please try later'.  I tried logging out, waiting a few minutes and logging back in. I was then able to read one email then got 'Server Error'.  I checked the status on the PN member centre, but it says Email is OK.

1,687 REPLIES 1,687
alanma

Re: Problems with Webmail

I have the same problem, started yesterday, can be slow to load & even deleting an email can take a time. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Same here mine has been going on for a while. I am also getting problems sending mail its driving me mad I end up sending my mail through my BT account with no problems Nothing worse than uploading a load of attachment to find it wont send no reason why just cannot send. It would be really helpful if it told you why it is not sending now I cant access any of my files with saved e mails it is saying server error (error) why the second error in brackets I don't know Huh

Welsh_Zoonie

I have the same problem with my email.  Very slow to log in and access inbox.  Slow to open mail and sending mail results in an error after a long wait.  Yet service status claims there's nothing wrong.  Come on PlusNet.  Does any support staff even read this forum???

nicki77
Grafter

I've been getting the same problems too the last couple of days.  Can login but the Inbox is either taking several minutes to load or I get server error.  Click on Inbox again, sometimes it loads properly after a delay, sometimes same error.

I see there is nothing on the Service Status for Email but I really can't believe its limited to only a few of us getting the problems.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Yes I don't understand why its not more widespread, did think it may be me or my computer but my BT Mail works fine which is odd because PN is owned by BT so I assumed they would have the same setup but maybe not all I know is it is driving me mad and I am on the verge of moving to my BT mail permanently as I use my domain on PN for work and that's the only reason I haven't already.it is a bit awkward when you cant contact clients etc.

moemoff
Grafter

I am on a business account and finding that it's slow to do anything. In addition I am getting error notices saying this or that is not available. Very frustrating to say the least. Currently it is saying service unavailable.

Gary1
Dabbler

For the last month I have been having problems with my email.  It began with attachments not being sent, when you added one attachment it would cancel out the other so now have to use another email to send anything important.  In the last week I also keep getting 'Service unavailable'.  It takes upto 8 minutes to load some pages and I can never view emails that I have sent, the page simply won't load.

I have called plusnet several times and have raised a ticket of which there has not been any response.  What dreadful service this is, I've never seen anything like this as bad.  I guess if we all cancel our direct debits someone will have to listen eventually surely.  Can't even call as the waiting time is so long I don't get the time.

HHHEEELLLPPP!!!  End of October if this hasn't been resolved I'm cancelling everything.

Gary1
Dabbler

I have the same problems.  It started a month ago when I couldn't send any attachments if even when I could attach the second attachment would wipe the first out.  I now have to use another email with another company it's ridiculous.

In the last week I keep getting 'service unavailable' and it takes absolutely ages to log in or load a page.  I now can NEVER click on the 'sent' email button as this doesn't load at all.  All in all a complete useless service from Plusnet.

I have raised a ticket on this problem a week ago but guess what ... nothing! I use my emails for my business I run from home and I am losing money.  I can never call them as I don't get enough time to wait on the phone.  If by the end of October nothing has been resolved I am cancelling everything inc my direct debit, maybe they'll read this then.

cuke
Grafter

It's the same with mine, I am trying to do a deal to purchase a new car and sort out my pensions, but the webmail is rubbish.

PlusNet please lets just sort it out....

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Same with mine. I have a free webmail account with EE and this performs better that the one I pay for from Plusnet. There is obviously a major issue with webmail but support have got their head in the sand, their fingers in their ears and are happily stating that they aren't aware of any issues.

Please sort this out Plusnet and accept that there's a serious problem that you're not addressing.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

That is what I don't understand If it is us or our computers why are we able to use other e mail services without a problem this is obviously more widespread maybe plusnet silence on this says it all this thread has been going on for a while without any response from PN I did come on here a while back but didn't receive much response then but I hope someone sees this as this is not just the odd person having problems now this appears to be widespread. I am sure there is only a small proportion of PN users that actually use these forums so there is probably a lot of customers involved..

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Problems here is that PN don't see web mail as part of your package, it's a free addition and don't class it as important to fix it , web mail has been poor all my 7 years here .
They haven't any inclination to fix it and just placate customers with a sorry or promises of a fix 😕
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

If email is important, why do people rely on a free service from their ISP Crazy2

I have an email service that costs 69p per month (+vat) for 5 mailboxes and unlimited aliases that has never let me down in 10 years.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

To be honest I didn't know this was a free service as I pay PN 40 quid a year for a domain name and assumed this was part of the package ?