cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Gmail again?

JasaMan

Problems with Gmail again?

Hi, after many months of issues with emails sent from @Username.plus.com to gmail (I know it wasn’t a Plusnet issue) that seemed to be resolved, has anyone else started experiencing issues again ?

Emails sent from plusnet to my gmail address still haven’t arrived after 11 hours.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Problems with Gmail again?

Not sure why you are certain it's not a PN issue.

I have been using Gmail for many years and not had a issue, as for PN mail gave up on that years ago for a number of reasons.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

It was not a PN problem because (a) it was intermittent, (b) sending to the same addressee as @googlemail.co.uk worked without issue and (c) it only affected free Gmail addresses - paid for addressees were not impacted.

@JW any new news here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I've just sent a test email from my PN email account to a free gmail account and it arrived almost instantly.

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 24

We're not showing anything obvious on our side that would point to an issue specifically sending to Google addresses. Though there was an increase in queued email over night that's now starting to trend downwards again. A couple of test emails are going through as expected, when sending now. So it looks like a transient issue, rather than the very persistent problems that were being seen earlier this year.

Jon W
 Plusnet
MrSoapsud
Dabbler

Hi,

We've seen quick delivery from my wife's Plusnet account to my GMail since the problem was resolved until 1 message sent at 08:27 on Thursday 4th which wasn't delivered until 11:58 yesterday, Friday 5th. Another message this morning went straight through. Possibly a blip but just thought you should be aware...

Martin

JasaMan

My experience was exactly the same as @MrSoapsud and delivery seems to have returned to normal.

Thanks all for the quick investigation into this.  It's a relief to know that we don't have a recurrence of the previous issues.