Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending emails

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Problems sending emails

@Veronicawood You say the 'problem' began on TB and WM at the same time - how long had WM been installed, and had it worked correctly previously?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Reading over this thread again, how were you using Mailbird?  Whilst they do have a free client, they appear to be a mail hosting provider.  If you like mailbird so much, is not the £36 pay-once option a cheap enough deal for you?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Veronicawood
Dabbler

I was using Mailbird while it was free, then it said I had to pay, so I tried to pay.  Some tax was added, I forget what type of tax, but I tried to pay anyway but I got a message I wasn't liable for tax and I should not include it.  There was no facility to remove the tax, there was just the total price and to pay I was just supposed to click on the amount, but as it was the wrong amount they wouldn't accept my payment.  That is why I stopped using Mailbird, I just wasn't able to.

Veronicawood
Dabbler

Why does it say it is a fix?  My problem is not fixed.

Veronicawood
Dabbler

I didn't install Windows Mail, it came with the computer which is windows 10.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Veronicawood wrote:

Why does it say it is a fix?  My problem is not fixed.

Fix removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

@Veronicawood wrote:

I didn't install Windows Mail, it came with the computer which is windows 10.

So has Windows Mail worked flawlessly until this 'problem' occurred?

John
jab1
Legend

Just another thought, ~ @Veronicawood Did these problems start when you abandoned Mailbird, and has that program been completely removed?

John
Veronicawood
Dabbler

Yes it worked perfectly until this problem occurred.

Veronicawood
Dabbler

I cannot see any sign of Mailbird.

jab1
Legend

@Veronicawood wrote:

Yes it worked perfectly until this problem occurred.

And did it occur immediately (or very soon after) you abandoned Mailbird - I'm just wondering if the program has left any residual bits, which you may not be able to see with the options available to the average user.

May be an idea to wait and see if @Townman comes back on this.

John
Veronicawood
Dabbler

It's been a while now but I think it was either straight away or very soon.  The first thing was it was very slow bringing in the email.  Then I decided to download Thunderbird which brought the email in straight away.  Quite soon I realised that people weren't receiving my emails.  I went back to using WM but found it had the same problem.  My son had a look remotely and said it seemed to be a problem with the Plusnet server and advised me to use gmail.

jab1
Legend

As I & @Townman have said previously, sorry but it is nothing to do with the PN server. My suspicion is that, although you can't see any sign of Mailbird, installing and using that program altered some setting(s), probably within the registry, which were not reverted properly when you removed it - an uncommon, but not unheard of, issue.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Something is not adding up here and the description of the issue(s) is very unclear, as I have alluded to before.

Thunderbird CANNOT send - see https://www.plus.net/help/archive/email/thunderbird-setup/?supportarchive&_ga=2.60465261.1943517889.... step 8 - please provide a sceeen shot of your setting, with the user name obscured.

Username is either the_account_name or the_account_name+mailbox_name as in

the_account_name@the_account_name.plus.com

or

mailbox_name@the_account_name.plus.com

Password is the respective password

As for the reply email address is not correct in WEBMAIL - have you checked the IDENTITY settings?

Capture webmail identity.JPG

Put YOUR email address in the Email box and however you want people to see "you" in the display name field.  The default identity created when you first use webmail on secondary email addresses is not correct.

As for the issue reporting as being fixed, that would be because you marked your post as being that which fixed this issue.  Such is something only the originator of a forum can do.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Veronicawood
Dabbler

I'm sorry but I am not able to do all that.  I don't know enough about computers to do that.  I know quite a lot but I can't do what you asked me.  I did not mark it fixed.  If that is necessary I will have to wait until my son is back from his holiday and ask him to help me.