Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending e mail with a windows 10 laptop

FIXED
kh1
Dabbler

Problems sending e mail with a windows 10 laptop

anybody having issues with sending e mails within a windows 10 program. I have set up my e mail address and password via other account within the add e mail account which has set up. I can receive e mails but comes up with a e mail in my e mail inbox to say can't send

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Problems sending e mail with a windows 10 laptop

Fix

When setting up W10 Mail, on the Add account panel you need to scroll down and click the Advanced set-up option then click Internet mail. This provides all the fields which have to be filled in.

At the bottom you'll find four check boxes, ticked by default. Un-tick the last two Require SSL  for incoming/outgoing email. Then sign in.

Using the "obvious" Other account option doesn't make the right guesses. Sad

David
kh1
Dabbler

Hi, spraxyt,

Thanks for your help it looks as though that has sorted it. I did what you said and then put in similar settings to what I have on my I Phone regarding the IMAP bit etc and it appears to have sorted it now.

I did get into an on line chat earlier with the help section but they wasn't that much help and she said she would ring me but hasn't so I thought I would try on here.

Many thanks for your help 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @spraxyt as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still