Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems After Email Maintenance

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Problems After Email Maintenance

@HarryB wrote:

@confident - Just to clarify, when I say "While we both understand and appreciate further improvement is required to bring the service back to a level we aim to provide" I don't just mean back to the slowdowns and intermittent problems we were seeing prior to this week.

Ah!  So it could include the much delayed SSL implimentation then?  Funny

Yours optimistically

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

confident
Rising Star

@MauriceC You are a true optimist Maurice. 

colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Folks!   Things have gone back to "normal" again after a few short days of something like a tolerable service. Perhaps the sticking plasters have fallen off again?? My Inbox is down to the 20s which is a lot better than the near 100s of late. That seems to indicate that the loading problem is unlikely to be due to that, more like just the numbers of attempts to log-in.  Sad Shocked

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Yesterday evening my Outlook was taking over 5 minutes to sync with IMAP and my iPad wouldn't connect at all. Better this morning but doubtless it'll become unusable again later.

Added to that, there's been no update to the Status at the top of this forum since Monday and the status page on the main website is broken.

I'm sick and tired of this don't-care attitude and drumming in new customers at knock-down rates whilst investing sod-all in the business resources or customer service. Sadly I paid for a year's phone line in advance, but as soon as it's expired I'm off. This isn't a service worth paying for.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
confident
Rising Star

Is nothing going to be done about this appalling lack of service from PN? It is still taking hours to get webmail to load, and I can't get into spam folder to check it. Not even an update on service status since before Christmas, what is going on PN, exactly WHAT is the problem and WHEN is is going to be sorted? Utterly fed up with this.

colintivy
Rising Star

It seems that service has returned to the pre-Christmas status! ie "Very Long waits for Plus Net!".

Holiday performance much better, presumably due to much reduction in useage and now with added mysterious maladies extra.

Knuppel Ticked_off

colintivy
Rising Star

It looks like we seem to be getting somewhere! For two days now the speed of loading and reloading emails is almost satisfactory!!  Let us hope that it is a step in the right direction. The deafening silence from above leads me to think that there is little confidence in a proper "cure" for the longstanding problem just yet.I hope that I am wrong!!

Huh

mrob
Grafter

Thanks, HarryB, for at least being here.

After a reprieve over the holiday period )when traffic would've been much reduced), as i feared PN webmail seems to be resuming "normal" (normal for Plusnet) service...no server error messages yet but pages taking forever to load and difficulty getting into webmail.

This has been going on for months now.

Mrob

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We're still pushing back on this and hoping for further improvements.

I believe the service status page should be updated today at some point.

I do sincerely apologise that this has been ongoing for so long and I am truly sorry to hear people are still experiencing problems with webmail.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
colintivy
Rising Star

@ mrob,

Thanks for mention. Just as I suspected, treacle performance rearing its ugly face again!

Knuppel

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

@HarryB wrote:

I would love to be able to to put a timescale on it. However I'm sorry to say that is unfortunately not something I'd be able to provide at the moment Undecided

The best advice I can give is to keep an eye on the email service status page as that's where we'll be posting updates when we have more information.

Would this be the up-to-date info that says:- GrinGrinGrin

@23/12/2016 @ 16:10

This is an update to our previous posts regarding work on our webmail service.

Significant work was undertaken to rectify issues and customers should be seeing less error messages when using the service. We are continuing to work on this and we will have a further update in the new year.

The service improves when using a mail client details of how to set one of these up can be found in this link: http://goo.gl/vtGctS

Thank you for your patience while we continue to make improvements to the webmail service, we’ll keep you updated.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

confident
Rising Star

11/01/2017 @ 17:33

We're continuing to work on resolving the slowdowns for customers when using our webmail service.
We'll post a further update when more information is available.
Apologies for the ongoing issues.
Kind Regards,
Customer Support

Worse than ever today, can't get into my in box at all, after 30 minutes it is still "loading". Is ANYTHING being done about this?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Plusnet are working on a problem = they are trying to find someone else to blame & meanwhile they hope the problem will disappear of its own accord.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

MatrixRob
Grafter

Our email accounts are connecting and retrieving but when trying to send anything, it's impossible...

SMTP is as it has always was, I have the .iaf files and settings to compare when using live Mail or Thunderbird clients.

The first CSC response was to check the SMTP that is correct and established as correct on the first CS phone call. <slaps forehead>

Get the feeling we are all being given the incompetent runaround/ fob off.

Has been like this since circa November/ December 2016..

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
Albert Einstein
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

There are no recognised problems affecting SMTP transit, certainly none that have been evident since December! Shocked

Webmail/IMAP performance continues to be an area of focus. It may have been bad today/yesterday due to the work I alluded to in my post here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵