Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems After Email Maintenance

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Problems After Email Maintenance

Hi folks,

The maintenance slot was supposed to finish at 6am today. Currently, I can log into webmail but new emails are not being displayed. The last one that I can see is from Sunday. I have sent myself a test email from another account but it hasn't appeared in my Plusnet webmail Inbox.

Anyone else having similar issues?

30 REPLIES 30
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Problems After Email Maintenance

just tried a test from an external a/c  to plusnet mail via Thunderbird - instant response!  First time in ages.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DerekS

I can log onto my emails but they refuse to load up.  Not sure if tis is because of the maintanence or an ongoing issue as the problems is a recurring one for me, which leave me very unimpressed with Plusnet

kevinguy
Hooked

I am still experiencing difficulties in accessing webmail - either very very slow or service unavailable or even server error.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Still no improvement in speed Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Bauhaus100 wrote:
The maintenance slot was supposed to finish at 6am today. Currently, I can log into webmail but new emails are not being displayed. The last one that I can see is from Sunday. I have sent myself a test email from another account but it hasn't appeared in my Plusnet webmail Inbox.

Which email address is this? Are you able to drop me a private message to confirm?

Thanks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

I'm also getting frequent connection errors while trying to access my emails from the Free-Online servers.
It seems to be intermittent as to whether you can connect or not and might lose contact with the servers at any given moment.
That's RPM to you!!
bbmax

Agree with everyone. Either slow or no connection. Dreadful service

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Same again this morning. I've managed to get into my Inbox but no emails sent after Sunday lunchtime are showing. I did consider logging a ticket last night but the call waiting time was 50 minutes according to the service desk performance screen. This looks more and more like a company in crisis to me.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I do sincerely apologise for the problems customers have been experiencing with webmail/plusnet emails this week. Engineers have been working hard throughout the week and we have seen a noticeable improvement in the service today.

While we both understand and appreciate further improvement is required to bring the service back to a level we aim to provide, we will continue to work on this and provide updates via our service status page here whenever we have more information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
FernandoR
Dabbler

Can senior management come on here and comment.   I hope they realise folks will vote with their feet.   

confident
Rising Star

"back to a level we aim to provide" ?  Sorry Harry, but if this is the level it was at before this latest debacle, then it will not be good enough. However, thank you for at least coming on and saying something. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@confident - Just to clarify, when I say "While we both understand and appreciate further improvement is required to bring the service back to a level we aim to provide" I don't just mean back to the slowdowns and intermittent problems we were seeing prior to this week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
confident
Rising Star

@HarryB Don't suppose you'd like to put a timescale on that Harry? No, thought not. 😢 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I would love to be able to to put a timescale on it. However I'm sorry to say that is unfortunately not something I'd be able to provide at the moment Undecided

The best advice I can give is to keep an eye on the email service status page as that's where we'll be posting updates when we have more information.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet