cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with emails forwarded to Plusnet by 123-reg

Harold1066
Grafter

Problem with emails forwarded to Plusnet by 123-reg

Hi - there is another thread which describes a similar but not identical problem.

I have a number of domains registered with 123-reg and have set up email forwards with them to my plus net email address. I have recently been told that emails sent to me via several of my 123-reg domains have been bouncing.

I sent my self an email to one of these email address from a hotmail account and received the bounce message myself. The error message suggested that this was a problem with my 123-reg domain and I have raised a ticket with them. They responded to say that this is a problem at the plusnet end and that I should ask them to investigate. I called plusnet and the technician said that if I could send and receive emails either using webmail or an email client then everything was working at plusnet. They also said that plusnet do not bounce any incomming emails.

I have now gone back to 123-reg and told them this and await a response.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Does anyone know where the problem lies?

I would say that the problem is intermittant, everything was apparently working until a day or so ago and that I have made no changes.

Tags (1)
36 REPLIES 36
user23

Re: Problem with emails forwarded to Plusnet by 123-reg

Yes, I have the same problem.  E-mails forwarded from 123-reg to Plusnet mailboxes are getting bounced.  My company has been badly affected by this, as have myself and family who use the same system.

Plusnet have spent two days denying there's a problem but now admit there is.  Something changed at the end of last week and all they need to do is change it back.

Harold1066
Grafter

Thanks - glad it's not just me. Interesting that Plusnet have accepted it as their problem. The person I spoke to did not give me this impression. I know that changes were planned to the email system - we were told to check our email clients to ensure that the SMTP server address was correct.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Email.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Harold1066, I'm sorry to hear how this was handled over the phone. It does sound like it could be related to the other thread you've mentioned and a colleague has raised a ticket on your account for you regarding this Here.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, could you respond to the ticket with the requested information.

Thanks.

@user23, I'm not sure I'd agree that we've been denying an issue for the past 2 days as you've said. However we do need more information to investigate this further this further.

A colleague has raised a ticket on your account regarding this Here.

Thanks for your continued patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Harold1066
Grafter

Thanks HarryB - ticket updated as requested

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Harold1066,

I can see that we've since updated the ticket on your account with a further update. If you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Harold1066
Grafter

Hi everyone

Just wondered whether there is any update about this problem

Harold1066

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Harold1066,

I have created a new ticket on your account with regards to further information being required. You can access it here. Once you have replied to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thanks again.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Kwak
Rising Star

It's the same problem that has been known for months and months no. EDIT: They may have done something the 18th so maybe they have. We shall see!

FenderBender

We've been experiencing this issue as well for over a week now. I have discovered a workaround in case this works for anyone else.

1) Create an account for free at outlook.com.

2) In the new account, create a redirect for each of your personal email addresses to plus.net, as you have in 123-reg.

3) Go to 123-reg and set all your redirects to point to the new outlook.com account.

The only problem I've found with this is that I can't auto-delete a message in outlook after the redirect. If I do that, sometimes outlook deletes the message first! In any case, the messages always sit in either the inbox or deleted items in outlook and I have to clear them down myself.

Its not perfect but at least I get my emails again.

HTH someone.

lladoogad
Dabbler

I had this issue a while back and it seemed to have been resolved... However - today it has started happening again. Anything forwarded from 123-reg seems to be identified as spam and gets rejected.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @lladoogad,

Please accept my apologies for the issue in forwarding mail.

I have made some adjustments to your mail service, could you confirm if the forward is now successful? If not, do you receive any information in the bounce back that would help us identify the issue or ensure the symptoms are the same as before. If you add them to this thread, feel free to remove any sensitive information in the header or body of the email.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
lladoogad
Dabbler

I have started to get emails through but will need to wait a bit to see if everything is coming through. I have what presumably a connected problem in that if I try to reply to and email I get the following message:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  g6dfhJyRamjUtg6dghqlno message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for information @lladoogad, please let us know if the issue reoccurs. 

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team