cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Webmail

Crimson
Grafter

Problem with Webmail

When I was on holiday I logged into Webmail and there were no new emails.  When I got home (10 days later) after checking Webmail regularly when I was away my in box was full to overflowing with unread emails.
Does anyone know why they were not available to read via Webmail when I was away, please?  (This has happened before but I didn't ask for any advice about it before now.)
8 REPLIES 8
Crimson
Grafter

Re: Problem with Webmail

Sorry - I should have added that when I got home I logged into my 'ordinary' Plusnet email via Microsoft Outlook - not Webmail again.  Thank you in anticipation.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sounds to me that you were not looking at your normal mailbox when you used webmail.
Look at your account details in Outlook to find the log in name. It will probably be something like PNusername+mailboxname. You need to use the same in webmail.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Crimson
Grafter

Thank you for replying.  I've looked at all the boxes on Outlook and I can't find the log in name. (I just click on the icon on my desktop and it takes me right into my Outlook Mail.)  When I was away I logged into Webmail using my username (cjcrichton) and in the box below entered my usual Plusnet password.  It let me into Webmail - but there were no new emails in the inbox.  (I apologise for my lack of knowledge.)
Any help is appreciated.
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Is it Outlook (part of Microsoft Office) or Outlook Express and which version are you using?
Crimson
Grafter

It is Microsoft Outlook 2003 - under 'Tools' Email I found:  'mail.plus.net'  Would that be what I need?  Thank you again.
Dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Follow these instructions: http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook_2003_settings.shtml
What you are looking for is the User name under Logon Information in step 3. (Make sure you cancel when you've looked to avoid messing things up)
Crimson
Grafter

I'll follow the link you have given - much appreciated.  I have to go out but I'll check again later.
Thank you again.
dick:quote
Crimson
Grafter

Thank you very much for your help.  I'm afraid I got into a bit of a muddle and was concerned about messing things up.  I telephoned technical support and [removed] checked everything out and as a result Web Mail is up and running with no problems.
Once again, thank you very much for your help.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.but noted for staff]