Did you mean: 

Problem with Thunderbird and gmail - forwarding and links

FIXED
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Problem with Thunderbird and gmail - forwarding and links

First Problem

When an email is received all nicely formatted and I use the reply button the formatting stays and all looks good

However using the forward button totally screws up the formatting with the original paragraph now all on one line without font wrapping

Is there any way of stopping this happening

Second Problem

When I add an email address into the body of the email Thunderbird converts it into a clickable link in blue with underlining

No real problem with that but then subsequent text is also in blue and underlined and I can't see any method of stopping it doing it

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Problem with Thunderbird and gmail - forwarding and links

Are both these problems just related to gmail access? I don't have a gmail account set up in Thunderbird on my W10 32-bit PC but neither problem occurs when I send or forward messages via the Force9 relays.

David
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Fix

First problem is specific to gmail

Second is now sorted - there is an option under format to discontinue link and it works sometimes

However the actual cause of the problem as seen was a bit more tricky to sort
Essentially the original email address was taken from a word document where it was a hyper link using the normal right click copy command and it brought some unwanted garbage with it. Using the right click and copy link option sorted the problem

Oldjim
Resting Legend

First problem - I seem to have found a way round it - press shift when you click forward and it retained the formatting

God - I wish Gmail would use standard SMTP