cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SMTP delivery, postfix and emails to my postmaster@me.plus.com

mgillespie
Grafter

Problem with SMTP delivery, postfix and emails to my postmaster@me.plus.com

All my email delivery is working just fine sent to my domain anything@me.co.uk  however emails sent to anything@me.plus.com are rejected by postfix, the sender gets:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <test@me.plus.com>: Relay access denied (state 14).

This is not normally a problem, as almost everything being sent to that domain is spam.  However it does mean I miss email from Plusnet sent to my postmaster address.  Is there some way to have Plusnet to deliver to my domain?  or anytone know how to fix Postfix to not reject these messages?  I have tried playing with virtualusertable, and added
postmaster@me.plus.com postmaster
And did a postmap virtualusertable  and reloaded postfix, but it did not fix it.
Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Problem with SMTP delivery, postfix and emails to my postmaster@me.plus.com

You will need to tell Postfix that it is the final destination for me.plus.com as well as your domain.
Depending on how you have Postfix set up, the directive will either be mydestination or virtual_mailbox_domains in the main.cf file.
HTH
B.