cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Plusnet bouncing back emails to a friend

Gertrudethered
Dabbler

Problem with Plusnet bouncing back emails to a friend

A long-time friend in the US has been having trouble sending me emails lately. They've been bouncing back to him and it looks like it's down to Plusnet (I've been with Plusnet/Madasafish/IC24 for all our years of communication). This doesn't seem worth an online chat or complaint, but apparently Plusnet has now deemed his domain to be non-existent. Here is the message he has had (with personal data omitted). #5.0.0 smtp;return-path address <xxxx@flumc.org> rejected by mx-ironport.core.plus.net: 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <xxxx@flumc.org> does not exist> #SMTP#

The domain definitely exists - it's the Florida United Methodist Church. Any clues on why Plusnet (intermittently, as one or two have got through) thinks it doesn't?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Email addresses edited to remove specific personal data.

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Problem with Plusnet bouncing back emails to a friend

for whatever reason your post gives the full email address so you may wish to fix it

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Gertrudethered

Welcome to the forums. Smiley

The problem your friend experiences is the same as mentioned in topic https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-Email-servers-giving-random-SMTP-550-errors-for-inbound/... which remains ongoing.

The last reply in that topic says

@Gandalf wrote:

We've raised this with our incident management team to investigate.

EDIT: For internal use, the reference number is: 105238

David
Gertrudethered
Dabbler

@Oldjim wrote:

for whatever reason your post gives the full email address so you may wish to fix it

@I can't see that. I took out the person's email and just left the @ onwards in there. Surely I would see it if it was there! Hope so, anyway.

Gertrudethered
Dabbler

@spraxyt wrote:

@Gertrudethered

Welcome to the forums. Smiley

The problem your friend experiences is the same as mentioned in topic https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-Email-servers-giving-random-SMTP-550-errors-for-inbound/... which remains ongoing.

The last reply in that topic says

@Gandalf wrote:

We've raised this with our incident management team to investigate.

EDIT: For internal use, the reference number is: 105238

Thank you. I did read that post but I'm not as up on the technical details so wasn't sure it was the same error. My friend's problems did seem to start in November also though, just as the other posters stated.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Gertrudethered you will see that the moderator has sorted it

Gertrudethered
Dabbler

Yes, thank goodness. I realize now that I had pasted in the links...won't make that mistake again! Thanks for letting me know.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules