cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Madasafish webmail from mobile phone

GREENDRAGON

Problem with Madasafish webmail from mobile phone

Hi
I am having a problem with webmail on my mobile phone. I can view my emails but when I try and reply I am unable to type anything in the appropriate place. I can type in the subject bar but not in the response window
I am not having trouble typing into any other websites
I have a HTC desire HD running Android software and connect through Vodafone 3G network
Any suggestions would be most welcome as Madasafish support decided not to help even though it is only webmail that is giving a problem from my phone
Regards
Mark
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  all caps in title corrected as per Forum Rule
jim:green title clarified mod:end
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Problem with webmail from mobile phone

Which version of Webmail are you using.
If the standard one have you tried the advanced version which uses Roundcube
GREENDRAGON

No idea to be honest its just the standard version of Webmail that logging on at Madasafish takes me to
Its always worked in the past on other phones and I expected it would just be a setting that needed altering
No idea what roundcube is???
Regards
Mark 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't think that is relevant as I assumed that you were using Plusnet webmail - I have modified the thread title to make it clear
WorryTooMuch

Re: Problem with Madasafish webmail from mobile phone

Hello Greendragon,
This has just started to happen to me too - I have had my Wildfire for 18 months and never had the problem until Friday March 16th 2012.  Did you ever get a response/solution?
Thanks,
WTM
GREENDRAGON

Is plusnet and madasafish not part of the same whole?Huh
How do I try this roundcube thing whatever that is?
Regards
Mark
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, it's the webmail software, we don't expect a fix for this until we move MAAF to roundcube, and as yet we have no timescales for that.
GREENDRAGON

Thanks for the honest but somewhat unhelpful answer
I have no idea what MAAF or roundcube is but what you are basically saying is that you know there is a problem but are not prepared to look at it.
You are also willing to risk losing a long standing customer who is finding this a real problem on a day to day basis as I am unable to respond to emails on my mobile phone. It appears that I am not the only one either. Given the age in which weare living I would have thought maintaining the software to meet the demands of your customers in the modern world would hold a greater priority.
If there is a higher authority to whom I can address my concerns then please let me know.
Regards
Mark
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
MAAF is Madasafish (sorry, it's easy to use the acronyms internally as they're used all the time but it doesn't always come across on forums too well) and roundcube is the new webmail platform we're using. As soon as there are plans to upgrade the Madasafish webmail platform we'll certainly be letting everyone know.
I'm afraid though that there's nowhere other than here you can really request this, but we will make sure this thread is flagged to our managers so they're aware.