cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up email on Amazon Fire HD10 Tablet

Wagsta1

Problem setting up email on Amazon Fire HD10 Tablet

I appreciate that this topic has been covered before but i have tried all the 'remedies' recommended and none appear to work. I am using imap and have unchecked SSL. I am using the advanced set up and have corrected my username to my PN u/n and the port numbers are correct but i am still getting a failed connection when trying to update my email. Getting a bit fed up now with having to continually set up my email for it to initially connect then fail. Anybody have an up to date solution to this problem, apart from the obvious ditching Amazon????

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Problem setting up email on Amazon Fire HD10 Tablet

@Wagsta1 

and have corrected my username to my PN u/n 

If youre configuring for the default(primary) maibox then it is your PlusNet username, however if its an additional mailbox then its username+mailboxname . The passord for the primary mailbox is also your account password whereas for additional mailboxes it is the password you specify for that mailbox.

Incoming server should be imap.plus.net but check that you also have the outgoing server(Smtp) set correctly , it should be relay.plus.net port 587 and security either None or STARTTLS. Select servere requires authentication and use the same combinations of username and password as for the incoming Imap server

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wagsta1

Cheers for replying MrW. I think i finally sussed it, the username for in & out needs to be mailbox@PNu/n.plus.com

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

You can either use maibox@username.plus.com  OR username+mailbox

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wagsta1

Sorry, spoke too soon, literally 10 mins after uploading all my email it is once again saying that there is a connection error and I've lost all my mail?????????????? Back to the drawing board!

Wagsta1

The 'built in' email software on Amazon Fire tablets will not allow you full use of plusnet email, the connection is more miss than hit and you cannot compose mail as the outgoing address, by necessity, is 'p/n u/n@p/n u/n.plus.com.

However I've sorted it by using the 'myMail' app, one of the few that Amazon will allow you to download. This lets you correctly set up both the incoming and outgoing settings using your regular pn email address. Just set up as per the previous responses to this ongoing problem with Amazon devices, i.e.

IMAP

Incoming: 'imap.plus.net'

Port: '143'

Uncheck SSL

Outgoing: 'relay.plus.net'

Port: '587'

Uncheck SSL