Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up account in Thunderbird

Buggwrit
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Problem setting up account in Thunderbird

I'm trying to set up an account on a laptop using Thunderbird 8 running under XP SP3. I'm already using Thunderbird 3  on a desktop and have duplicated the settings on the laptop, except for the identity as the account is for my wife. She currently has an account with the same identity on Mail on a Mac desktop which works ok.
The account I've set up on the laptop works when sending mail, the messages arrive at the recipient with the correct sender details, but fails to download messages sent to it (with the Mac turned off, obviously). It just reports 'no messages for <account name> on the server'.
There are no error messages and since it can send mail and report 'no messages' it must be connecting to the server ok. I've racked my brains and checked and re-checked the settings but I cannot see what's wrong.
Any insights would be gratefully received.
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Problem setting up account in Thunderbird

Have you set the 'username' field to 'username+wifesmailboxname' and used the password for that mailbox?
David
Buggwrit
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Problem setting up account in Thunderbird

Oh drat! - I totally forgot about that. I'd got the info printed out in a binder too, Doh!  Embarrassed
All working now. Many thanks spraxyt.