Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending (trying to send) email with small pic attached

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Problem sending (trying to send) email with small pic attached

@Oldjim wrote......

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Just to throw some flak into the diagnosis

I am on pcl-bng01 and I have no problems

However I am on a fixed IP address so it may be something to do with the IP related problems as discussed at length on here

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

no flak needed... I am also on pcl bng-01...   it changed overnight... reducing my speed and increasing my snr ( both slightly)... however, a test message  i sent has actually caused me no problems..

so it must have been a problem on that gateway since Tuesday last week, when I originally posted, and now it has miraculously fixed itself...

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not sure about that as I have been on that gateway for 5 days without a problem so I still suspect the IP address

colourqueen
Dabbler

I've tried the router reboot a couple of time and still end up with the same gateway psb-ir01 (Southbank Point of Presence).

I still cannot send emails with attachments.

I'm hoping that someome will solve this on Monday when people are back in the office!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@shutter, I don't think your issue is gateway related TBH.

When you first reported the problem, you were connecting from the new dedicated network, which doesn't pass through the LNS's/gateways.

When I made changes here, I pushed your connection back through the LNS's/gateways, yet your experience suggests that you're still having problems?

I'm not 100% convinced at present that this isn't related to the wider issues being discussed in the thread here.

Are people still experiencing problems?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JimLep
Hooked

I've had no problems all weekend.

shutter
Community Veteran

@bobpullen  Sorry, but I haven`t a clue what you are talking about regarding DNS changes etc... nor do I understand, from your link, to your "changes" what you did,,,... except  your explanation in the above post,,.. i.e. shifted me from somewhere to somewhere else, that also did not make any difference...

The only thing I noticed was that when I re-booted my router, and changed gateway from PCL BNG 01... to PTW BNG 02.. I could then send emails with attachments, as per normal...  at sometime during the night... ( when I was not looking, cos I was asleep  [sneaky]... it changed back to PCL BNG01 .... I was able to continue sending emails with attachments, yesterday , and still on PCL BNG 01... to day... and have just done a test with a small pic, and it was sent ok... and has been received ok...

@colourqueen seems to be still having problems even though he/she has tried to change gateways, the connection still remains on the same one..

See post number 33       tps://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problem-sending-trying-to-send-email-with-small-pic-attached/m-p/1350276#M15990

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@shutter @JimLep, I'm going to revert the change I made to your accounts last week so please let me know if the problem resurfaces.

See post number 33       tps://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problem-sending-trying-to-send-email-with-small-pic-attached/m-p/1350276#M15990

That was a fair few days ago and we've made a number of changes this morning that I'm hoping have rectified the issue. Perhaps @colourqueen can confirm whether or not things are working now?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

shutter
Community Veteran

@bobpullen   OK. Bob.... have just sent myself an email with 4 or 5 random pics  ( total about 2600kb).. seemed to "go" ok... and got the message that it was "sent successfully"..

Just arrived... !    8 minutes from here to Sheffield and Back again ! ! !... 

Done a Which Gateway... and got this message....

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Which gateway

Sorry, the tool failed to identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.

Posting the following information as a reply to the Gateway Checker Update topic in the Community Announcements forum will help us to diagnose the problem.

• core2-hu0-18-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.24) 5.057 ms

______________________________________________________________________________________________

On clicking the link, the last page ( page 11) seems to be dated 15 -12 - 2015... and no option to post the above information on there...   Cry

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is because some people thought that being unable to reply to announcements was  good idea in the new forums

colourqueen
Dabbler

@bobpullen I can confirm that things are working now (17:45). I did try at 7am and they were not then so looking good so far - thanks whatever you did.
JimLep
Hooked

Not sure how to tag Bob Pullen, but I have tried sending a pdf attachment again, and there are no problems.

shutter
Community Veteran

@JimLep  ( if that is what you call "tag"..)... just start your post with shift @  and you will get a "popup" with whoever has replied to the thread previously and you just click that..  

JimLep
Hooked

@shutter Thank you. Easy when you know how!

colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Folks!

I have not been following all this thread recently, I did put my nose in earlier,. I have had this problem for what seems an age. I persevered yesterday and only succeeded once when I deleted one short line of text which was not contentious. I tried today with negligible amount of text and only one photo (about 1Meg) and only one recipient, consequence.. the dear (?) old Message Not Sent as usual. I cannot fiddle about Gateways etc., rebooting et al but would be very pleased to see some real progress please.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@colintivy, I believe this particular thread was started in response to a problem that occurred with an upstream link in our network back on the 7th. Since we deployed the fix last Monday (18th) it seems the complaints have subsided.

If you back track through the posts in this thread you'll notice that the problems weren't specific to the Plusnet Webmail platform and affected the ability to send to third party SMTP servers from Plusnet connections too.

If you're continuing to experience issues, then my money is on it being caused by something else Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team