cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending emails from apple devices

Scotacc

Problem sending emails from apple devices

I've had continual problems sending emails with plusnet Webmail on my iPad and iPhone, I thought I had solved the problem a few months ago but the problem occurred again five days ago.  When you add an email account and attempt to add an outgoing mailserver with a username and password it NEVER works, despite what the technical guys at plusnet say.  Any mail I've successfully sent always goes out via a secondary mail server in my case gmail.  I wondered if this was an experience that other plusnet subscribers had and had they found a solution.
Cheers
Neil
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Problem sending emails from apple devices

Hi Neil, try again and you should find it works Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

duncs
Grafter

Same problem here. Just posted details on a similar thread just further up. Need help!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
Have you seen this guide? http://community.plus.net/library/email/setting-up-plusnet-email-on-an-iphone/
If you have problems after reading and following this, please provide some detail of what you are trying to do, how you have configured email and what errors you are receiving.
Usually the big problem I'd that one cannot send mail via PN's relay server when NOT connected to PN's gateway. This is usually caused by one of two issues...
SMTP server has not been configured with authentication required
The Phone network provider is blocking access from their data networks (3G) to PNs SMTP server on port 25.  This might be resolved by using port 587.
Hope this helps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.