Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem receiving e-mails with a legacy Globalnet e-mail address

FrustratedUser
Grafter

Re: bobpullen

FAO Tony

Tried to respond via ticket unfortunately I am unable to either add a comment or close the ticket!

I can confirm that since your intervention I have sent and received a number of e-mails. So in that regard the problem appears to have been fixed.

I presume I have lost all e-mails sent when the e-mail was down?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Well, I''m glad it's working now. I'm led to believe it may have been a password issue that hadn't updated on our systems. I don't remember seeing an issue like this before though.

Unfortunately any other mail isn't recoverable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

If you are refrrring to emails sent to you ... that depends on how the sending systems behave / what they experienced. If they reported the issue as being temporary they might still be attempting to send - though they will be in a ‘back off’ Delay.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

FrustratedUser
Grafter

Hi

Three weeks on an my legacy Globalnet e-mail account has stopped working again - will not either send or receive.

Checked basic webmail and got error 501 Malformed e-mail address - what is this? My Globalnet e-mail address has a plus.net address appended to it - what is going on?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Can you confirm if you're just entering your e-mail address and nothing else added on?

We've checked and everything is okay on our end

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Nothing changed my end.

Were the PlusNet servers updated at the weekend?

I can send a screenshot of the error message if you wish.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you could that'd be great

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Screenshot attached as requested. Please ensure the attachment is not available for viewing as it contains e-mail addresses and I don't want to be spammed.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed attachment after PN staff had viewed it.

FrustratedUser
Grafter

Thank you for removing attachment

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the attachment.

Out of curiosity do you have the same issue if you use the normal webmail rather than basic?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Successfully sent an e-mail using ordinary Webmail. Still will not send using Basic - same error message. No e-mails being received on either normal or basic webmail.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming.

Can you try deleting some older e-mails to see if this allows newer e-mails through?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

If you mean from the PlusNet webmail server, there are no e-mails in any of the folders. I also have no e-mails archived on the server.

Are there hidden archived folders if so how do you access them?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @FrustratedUser,

Thank you for checking on that, it sounds like you've covered all bases there. I'm really sorry that this issue has returned again and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. I've raised a task over to our NetOps team so that they can investigate this further and we'll be back in touch once we've received this - there's no set timescale for this but the NetOps tasks are usually picked up quite quickly.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We've think we've fixed the problem by disabling the spam filter.

Can you let us know if you still experience problems or the issue returns?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet