Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem receiving e-mails with a legacy Globalnet e-mail address

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: bobpullen

For general information this issue is being progressed direct with the OP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

FrustratedUser
Grafter

Although this issue was resolved, it has returned with a vengance in that I can now not either send or receive e-mails on my Globalnet email address. I raised a ticket through PlusNet, but I cannot find it either on the PlusNet site or the Madasafish site.

Any chance of someone looking at this soon, rather than the four weeks it took the last time!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

Are you getting any error when you're trying to send or receive?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Would normally use Outlook client account none whatsoever via that or using basic Webmail.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, can you confirm if the same issue happens if you try and send/receive using Outlook? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

As I stated above no error messages using either Outlook 2007 (to be precise) or PlusNet Webmail.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI @FrustratedUser

Thanks for coming back to us.

I couldn't locate the more recent ticket that you've referenced either, so I've created you a new one here

I'll ask our network team to investigate this on your behalf and feedback to you directly as appropriate.

Best wishes,

Dave

FrustratedUser
Grafter

Hi Dave

Thanks for taking this up.

However it doesn't inspire confidence in actually getting this resolved when I see that notifications from the ticket are being sent to the e-mail address which doesn't work!

It would be rather more helpful if some indication could be given as to when the network team are actually likely to look at this ticket as it took over 4 weeks on the last occasion before they got round to looking at the previous ticket and dealing with it.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had here. I've had a further look into this now. As my response contains some account specific information, I've replied via ticket on your account which you can view here.

Regards,
Emily

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Emily

Apologies are well and good but yet again I have lost important information (this time relating to the death of my mother) due to PlusNet's inability to provide a reliable e-mail service.

The link you provided (above) to view the ticket does not enable me to do so. In case you aren't aware I have to logon via the Madasafish website to view the ticket not the PlusNet site!

The fact that an incorrect link was provided plus the fact that you can't provide a timescale for dealing with this issue doesn't inspire confidence in PlusNet.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

As you've seen, you still have access to your tickets via the MAAF site at https://secure.madasafish.com/contact/tickets.shtml . I am looking to try to get our network team to pick up the ticket for you sooner rather than later.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Tony

Thank you for providing a direct link to the ticket and for trying to get this issue resolved sooner rather than later. Some action appears to be being taken.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've spoken to our network team who have made a couple of suggestions as to what could have happened. Are you saying it's now working as expected?

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
FrustratedUser
Grafter

Tony

I received a number of test e-mail from PlusNet Support. I will ask some colleagues to send me e-mails to which I will reply, if received, to confirm that my e-mail is fully operational.

May I ask what was changed/reset?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @FrustratedUser 

Tony has finished shift i'm afriad - but i can see he has already told you he will be taken ownership of this. 

I'll make him aware you replied and see if he can grab this info for you