Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem downloading mail on IMAP

Grff
Grafter

Problem downloading mail on IMAP

Hi,
I'm having issues syncing mail using IMAP.  I get an error of "TCP connection unexpectadly terminated by the server."
It then seems to download my mail, but each e-mail in Outlook has the same subject, but the contents are fine.  If I use the webmail, the e-mails are fine.
I've checked the service status, and the latest problem that was from Monday is apparently fixed.  Is anyone else having issues with e-mail at the moment?
Cheers
Griff
4 REPLIES 4
Simon
Grafter

Re: Problem downloading mail on IMAP

.. I get that.. my firewall (Smoothwall Express 3) keeps blocking port 14300. But as I don't know all the pnet mail servers' ip addresses I can't exclude them
Grff
Grafter

It seems ok on my iphone, just not in Outlook.  I've got access through the firewall ok, and it's been working fine for ages.
It seemed to happen when I recieved an e-mail with an attachment.  After that all my e-mails started coming down with the same subject and header info, even though the contents were fine.
I've created a new mailbox, and that seems to be doing the same too.  I might try deleting the mailbox/settings out of outlook and recreating them.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

RELATED?
I have noticed of late my Magic Mail monitor programme <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mmm3/>, which monitors multiple e mail accounts, cannot connect with the Plus Net e mail server. <mail.plus.net>. I wonder if there has been some configuration change.
http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=62399
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Whilst there have been a few config changes of late, there's nothing that I would attribute to either of the problems you're seeing? Huh
@Griff, did you get to the bottom of your problem? I'd be interested to know whether or not you experience the same problem in another mail client like Thunderbird? @Gel, there was bit of blip last Tuesday afternoon (13th) but aside from that I can't think why your client wouldn't be able to connect to the server.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵