cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 25 on mobile has stopped working ?

beaky32
Grafter

Port 25 on mobile has stopped working ?

I can recieve emails no problem but for the last 3 weeks or so I can't send emails Just stays in outbox....Will send over ethernet connection but not the mobile connection
Is it port 25 being blocked by 3 broadband ?
any help gratefully recieved
Pop email works but smtp on relay.plus.net won't work
Thanks
Leighton
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Port 25 on mobile has stopped working ?

Yes 3-mobile block access to external mail relays on port 25 and at present only port 25 works with relay.plus.net.
You don't need to change your "from" address but do need to use 3-mobile's own server at smtp-mbb.three.co.uk, port 25, no authentication when on a mobile connection.
David
james26
Grafter

plusnet really need to get there act together and enbalbel port 587 ASAP, it's not just 3 that are blocking port 25 now many many other providers are.
james.
kmilburn
Grafter

It would be nice if they'd support RFC 3207 while they're at it,  but I wouldn't hold your breath...
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

The problem is that control over port 25 was introduced to limit spamming/relaying.
If "everyone" has an alternative (and the same alternative) then it's back to square one, isn't it?
I know it's a PITA (to an extent) but why NOT use the server provided by your connectivity service?
It's only a nuisance if you keep switching networks, e.g. a laptop moving wifi lications a lot.
A phone will usually be on the same network all the time, unless roaming abroad.
james26
Grafter

The thing is you use gmail , .me.com or any of the other providers that offer 587 and ssl you have no problme sending email for nearly anywhere, BT Internet customers are better serverd by the connection to yahoo for email that us Plusneters are.
James