Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet webmail PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR website access impossible

fairmaiden
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet webmail PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR website access impossible

I cannot access my emails via webmail this morning - because of the above error (see attached),

can someone here help me please?Huh

I cannot access the Plusnet website either (the one website I can't get onto).

I am also finding TLS handshakes very slow on this Forum website!

13 REPLIES 13
bazzer
Pro

Re: Plusnet webmail PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR website access impossible

Same here, issues started yesterday.

I hope this is not the beginning of what we experienced previously that went on for many many months.

fairmaiden
Rising Star

Well, as of 12:15 hrs everything is now working.....

Au revoir.

bazzer
Pro

Yes, working for me too. Hopefully just a glitch.

fairmaiden
Rising Star

It is 17:45 and I have this problem again - and any change of webpage on this website is taking about half a minute to do a TLS handshake - what is happening???????Huh

fairmaiden
Rising Star

This is still not working at 20:10hrs - I cannot access the webmail website (and therefore not via WLM) - can anyone fix this soon?

TLS handshake on this Forum is stil very very very slow.... not sure if this is connected or not.

fairmaiden
Rising Star

I have just rebooted my laptop and the fault has gone away and the TLS handshake on this website is almost instantaneous,

so not sure what is happening - I am using Firefox as a browser.

EddieB
Grafter

Can connect to emails ,but it is very slow.Web pages all connect straight away ,just emails take ages to connect. This has just happened in the last week or so.Anyone else had this problem.Using Chrome

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@fairmaiden wrote:

I have just rebooted my laptop and the fault has gone away and the TLS handshake on this website is almost instantaneous,

so not sure what is happening - I am using Firefox as a browser.

I know no-one has responded with a solution, @fairmaiden , but having just spotted this thread, although I don't understand it either, this on the Mozilla site may help: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1267074

John
fairmaiden
Rising Star

I normally use Windows Live Mail to download my emails, so I am assuming no browser is used in this method.

I assume that the problem that causes the error in WLM is also the one that stops me accessing the Plusnet webmail

login page in my browser (Firefox) as the two situations always happen together.

Would this indicate the error is not with the browser but with Plusnet webmail pathway???

jab1
Legend

I have never used Live Mail (or any other Windows mail program), so without doing a bit of searching for details, I can't comment too definitely. I've just had a quick look without doing too much reading, but note that WLM is discontinued (although it should still work - I think).

Your assumption is reasonable - I'll go and re-read that article more carefully and come back with further comments, but it is strange you appear to be the only person affected, which tends to point to something your end - sorry.

May be a while before I get back - but I will be as quick as possible.

John
jab1
Legend

Couple more questions: Is your version of FF up to date? - although that again is probably a red-herring.

When you have problems accessing webmail/WLM do you have problems with any other https sites? - rereading the link I posted and the limited information available elsewhere, it all points to a corrupted profile on your machine, not any external problems.

I would therefore suggest following the suggestion of creating a new profile as recommended in that article.

John
fairmaiden
Rising Star

I have also found this thread regarding slow TLS handshake and Firefox Quantum (which is what I use):

https://malwaretips.com/threads/firefox-quantum-tls-handshake-delay.86514/

not totally sure what this is saying though!!

jab1
Legend

@fairmaiden Unless you are using uBlock Origin,  I would ignore that - it may be true in some odd cases, but I use it with FF with no problems, and I personally wouldn't try the other suggestion early on talking about 'about:config' - could be potentially dangerous. If this was happening to me, I would create a new profile as discussed/explained in the Mozilla article I linked. That is perfectly safe, and could sort you out.

John