cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet server on Trend blacklist

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Plusnet server on Trend blacklist

The last service status was on 10th May.  Shouldn't this be updated?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: alanh2a
seems not to be a priority on anyones part,

Sound like it's possibly not a priority of the NHS email service providers to update their blacklists in a timely manner?
Does anyone know (easily checked) if it's still actually on the blacklist?

Edit: 84.93.230.244 is only on backscatterer.org which has a 4-week listing policy....
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
84.93.230.244 is only on backscatterer.org

I'm afraid it is still on the Trend RBL:
http://www.mail-abuse.com/cgi-bin/lookup?ip_address=84.93.230.244
Rich
Grafter

Quote from: Rich
Thanks James.
For anyone else having problems, I used "Free SMTP Server" from http://www.softstack.com to re-send the problem email.  This allows the black-listed PlusNet servers to be bypassed.
Richard

Anyone still having problems - just install "Free SMTP Server" on your system.  Set the outgoing SMTP mail server address in your email program (Outlook, Thunderbird etc) to "127.0.0.1".  Your mails will then be sent directly from your PC, without going through the black-listed servers.
Richard
nal2008
Dabbler

I thought PlusNet and most other ISP's intercepted port 25 (SMTP) so that outgoing email had to go via their servers?
Nigel
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: Rich
Your mails will then be sent directly from your PC

Only to be blocked by ISP's that don't accept mail from dynamic IP addresses. ( eg See Spamhaus Policy Block List [PBL])
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Got this from Trend about an hour ago. Guess PN are in touch with them.
Thank you for contacting us about this IP address on RBL. 84.93.230.244 was listed because we received spam from this address.
If the IP address is in the MAPS RBL it may be a multi-hop (multiple IP) open relay, a spam source, or a spam support service (e.g., a webserver or nameserver). Only administrators responsible for the listed netblock will have the authority to fix the problem. ISPs should contact MAPS directly; removals from the MAPS RBL only happen after contact with the listed network administrator.
In other words, if you are not the administrator of the IP address(es) in any of our lists, then you should contact your ISP in order to resolve the problem. MAPS cannot resolve issues regarding any of our lists with end-users or others who are not directly responsible for the particular network on our list. Instead, contact your ISP.
Kind regards,
John Abello
Spam Investigations Team
Trend Micro Inc.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

This is what you get when you try to check the PN server at Trend (MAPS):
The IP address 84.93.230.244 does appear on the following database managed by Trend Micro's Network Reputation Services.
Database    Entry    Action
RBL    84.93.230.244    Contact MAPS for removal

Please see the linked web pages for further information about the database, contact information, why the address is listed, and how to get it removed, if applicable.
Please note: These databases are based on IP addresses; they do not use host or domain names.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi folks,
We are chasing on a daily basis and housekeeping to try to make sure the servers that are still blacklisted aren't spamming. If we hear anything different then we'll update the service status, but as I said on yesterday's update some mail is getting through and some isn't, so it's a bit of a lottery at the moment.
Artmo...
Quote from: artmo
The last service status was on 10th May.  Shouldn't this be updated?

Did you not see the ones I posted on the 11th, 14th and yesterday?
Joanne (don't feed the ducks) Pilson Smiley
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Joanne, sorry I missed those. Sad  Maybe I was too busy with the ducks Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi folks,
this is the latest...
The current status of our servers on the blacklist.
212.159.14.17 probation
212.159.14.18 probation
212.159.14.19 active
212.159.14.20 active
84.93.230.227 active
84.93.230.235 active
84.93.230.244 active
84.93.230.250 active
(Active being still blocked)
Jojo
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne

The current status of our servers on the blacklist.....

If there are some addresses on the RBL and others that are not is it possible to direct outgoing mail via the ones that are not?
Since its such a simple question and it hasn't been done I'm assuming its not so simple to achieve?
latulippe

Angry I have the same problem as all these emailers and am becoming ...well frustrated is putting it too mildly .  My daughters work email address is also her  private one (nhs)for over a week trend micro has always allowed 1 ematulippeil through. I do not understand who is causing the problem .is it plusnet,plusnet being blocked by trend  micro .or someone inbetween.. Plusnet replies to my emils by saying they are doing their best .trend micro reply they will unblock  plusnets clients when plusnet assures them there will be no spam.
   At least that how i understand it. Am i correct, who knows !     Having been a very happy contented client of plusnet for some years i am now one very annoyed one.....la
adie:orange all caps removed as per Forum Rules]
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm going to sue you for damaging my eardrums!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rslsys
Grafter

Since two of Plusnet's mail server addresses are now off the backlist (212.159.14.17 & 212.159.14.18).
Can I set my outgoing server address to be one of these instead of relay.plus.net?
Or is that too simple?
Cheers
Keith