Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet no longer offer an email only account

FIXED
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet no longer offer an email only account

@Gandalf have now recreated the three email addresses I have under my user name.  I have arranged for any email sent to these addresses to be forwarded to my new email address so if you can let me know when any held emails have been released I can close this thread.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hiya @Chrisbrown2106 

What you've setup are redirects from the default username@username.plus.com email address, not the original mailboxes. If you would like me to restore your mail you've had in your original email addresses, you'll need to set these up. 

Regarding this:

@Chrisbrown2106 wrote:

Could arrange for any previously undelivered emails to be released?

I'm afraid that...

@Gandalf wrote:

During the time between your account being cancelled to your email addresses restored, no-one will be able to send you emails & you won't be able to send any yourself, and the whole process normally takes around a week.

I can't do that because if the email address is not setup then that means it doesn't exist so if you're sent an email to this address, it will bounce back to the sender and leave no trace at our end because there's nothing there. 

Let me know though if this doesn't make sense? I'm happy to call you back if it's easier. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chrisbrown2106 

Just taken another look at this. 

The redirects you've set up will work and mean that mail you receive to them will redirect to the email address you've chosen.

For me though to retrieve the emails you've had in your mailboxes at the time of cancellation, I'd need those Plusnet email addresses setup as mailboxes rather than redirects, if that makes sense? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chrisbrown2106 

I've tried to call you to help but I couldn't get through. 

Not to worry, feel free to post back here or reply to the ticket logged on your account Here.

I can follow up with you next on Monday. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter

@Gandalf If I understand you correctly the email addresses I have created will become active in approximately 1 week and they will forward to my new email address, also that any emails sent to any of these addresses since the account was closed will not be recoverable.  If that is the case then there is nothing further that requires attention.  Unless I hear otherwise I will close this thread on Monday. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chrisbrown2106 wrote:

@Gandalf If I understand you correctly the email addresses I have created will become active in approximately 1 week and they will forward to my new email address

I'm really sorry for the confusion. The email addresses you've created now are redirects and should already be active to automatically forward messages you receive to them to your new email address.

@Chrisbrown2106 wrote:

also that any emails sent to any of these addresses since the account was closed will not be recoverable.  

That's correct and I'm genuinely sorry if people have tried to email you and you've missed some important emails. Sad

@Chrisbrown2106 wrote:

Unless I hear otherwise I will close this thread on Monday. 

You can't close a thread I'm afraid though you can mark the most appropriate post as a fix. You can also reply to the support ticket I've got logged as a complaint on your account if you're happy for me to close that. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter

@Gandalf out of curiosity I tried sending an email to one of my email addresses - so far it hasn't arrived however I have noted in another thread there seems to be a problem forwarding emails to a gmail account so I will put it down to that.  All the emails I had in my inbox before account closed are there so I assume you recovered them.  Also I had a look at the complaint ticket you mention if you did confirm this by email to me they have not arrived either.  However I have had enough of trying to sort this mess out. Once I am able to figure out how to stop the plusnet emails forwarding (or not) to the gmail address I will simply log into two different systems for a couple of weeks until I have transferred everyone to my new email address.  You can close down whatever tickets/threads you want.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah I'm glad to see you've got all your emails still, I didn't do anything to recover them but it's that's good all the same. 

No problem, if you're happy for me to close your complaint, just drop me a reply onto the ticket 223015110.

I'm happy to call you back though if it's easier and if you need any more help from me Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter

@Gandalf I was unable to manually remove the divert/forwarding on the email mailboxes so I deleted them and recreated all three as mailboxes with their own login and passwords - is this what you wanted.  I will simply log in to the three accounts separately until I have everyone moved to my new email address or you tell me I can set up a divert again.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for letting us know @Chrisbrown2106, if that's working for now then I'd stick to it until your emails have been moved across. Let us know if you have any further issues though. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter

All my emails now seem to have come across and having not heard different I am going to reinstate the diverts to see if I can get my email working correctly with my mail program as neither my plusnet email or my new email address are currently doing what I want them to do.  However taking a break from trying to sort the emails out I have been clearly out a lot of stuff and wonder if I can just take my old plusnet hub to the local recycling centre.  I note you have an address for WEEE recycling in Northerallerton.  Can I just hand deliver it there?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sounds like a plan, on the e-mail front.

If you don’t mind a potentially wasted trip, you could try hand delivering the router, but I can’t promise there’ll be a way for you to speak to someone or if they’ll accept it from you in person, because I don’t know how the warehouse is setup. @bobpullen on the other hand, if he’s around, may be able to say if it’s possible. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter

Thanks for the answer @Anoush I will wait and see if I have anything else to go to the local recycling centre (aka the tip) and make a decision then.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The warehouse is gated and I doubt the security guard will accept a parcel that they've not been instructed to expect for the obvious security reasons.

The hub can be taken to any electrical waste facility.

Alternatively, if you have access to a printer, or don't mind a trip to the post office, then you can print a Royal Mail label or generate an electronic barcode by following the link to the Royal Mail click and drop service on our website here - www.plus.net/returns

If printing a label, you can also arrange collection from your house so you needn't go anywhere. It's all free of cost.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Chrisbrown2106
Grafter

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I did not want to start a new topic as this seems to be all related to the initial closure of my email account. I have a query which I am hoping is not a problem (if that makes sense). Can you send emails to your default account ie username@username and if so should any reply to that email be sent from username@username? Hope this query makes sense. Thanks for any help.