cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mail servers refusing to accept my mails

StuartUK35
Grafter

Plusnet mail servers refusing to accept my mails

Hey all, strange one this, as all has been working fine up until I noticed it yesterday at 5pm..........
In work, we use a PlusNet adsl line...
We run Exch 2007 server which conntects to a smarthost for send/receive mail (Can show IP/DNS name if required)
Now although this doesn't relate to PlusNet mail servers, the next part does........
My home connection is a PlusNet fibre line..... with 2 plusnet mail accounts...
If I send email from those plusnet mail accounts, they send fine and are received fine..... 
Can also send email from my home plusnet account to my works email (which passes through a Barracuda V300 Smarthost)
However, when I send email from work to my home email, the message does not get through....  When I check the message log on the Barracuda V300 firewall, I can see my outbound message is deferred.....
Closer inspection reveals this:
Source IP                                Delivery Status             Delivery Detail
xxxxxxx.plus.com[xx.92.xx.34] Deferred                             connect to mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200]: Connection timed out
So looks like plusnet mail servers refusing to accept email from our smarthost...
Who can I report this too please ? 
2 REPLIES 2
StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Plusnet mail servers refusing to accept my mails

No staff reading this ?
Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet mail servers refusing to accept my mails

You need to create a support ticket (if you haven't done so) from the affected account. Include the error log and any other relevant information and we'll pass it down to the networks team to have a look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.