FIXED
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet mail server blocking Lidl Newsletter

Assuming you have

1. Subject line [-SPAM-] tagging set,
  2. Moving spam messages to the Spam folder set

the appearance of tagged messages in Inbox normally means their spam level is higher (less spammy) than the aggressiveness threshold you have set. If you are satisfied such messages are always spam (or can cope with the odd false positive) increasing the aggressiveness threshold to 5 would ensure all tagged messages are moved to the Spam folder.

That would mean "Discard Obvious Spam" could remain set to "Off" so that no messages are discarded without you having the option to view them (in the Spam folder). Whitelisting welcome but misclassified senders is then available to avoid such messages being put in Spam.

David
Planner
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the tutorial on configuring the SPAM settings - you have explained it somewhat better than the guide on the PlusNet website. However some of the settings only apply if I use PlusNet Webmail but I rarely do this since I usually check my mail on my 2010 Outlook client. I have now configured a rule on Outlook to send mail with SPAM in the Subject line to the Junk folder.

Currently my issue with regard to the Lidl newsletter appears to have been resolved but nonetheless I now feel more knowledgeable to make changes to the SPAM settings if the need arises.

thanks for your help

Charles  

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Writing client Mail Rules is a very good way to put messages where you want them. This technique can also be effective for dealing with nuisance messages which are not Spam tagged where the sender domain includes a sub-domain which varies from message to message; this makes Manage My Mail Blacklisting impossible.

David