Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mail on Thunderbird and Yahoo mail on Thunderbird

FIXED
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet mail on Thunderbird and Yahoo mail on Thunderbird

On its own is Plusnet mail continuing to work? If so this suggests only the set up of Yahoo mail is problematical.

Are you able to access Yahoo mail via a browser? The "Select" error you mentioned suggests to me that Thunderbird thinks it has logged in successfully to the Yahoo incoming mail server, but the server thinks otherwise.

David
stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yes it is working  with the plusnet mail and  my Yahoo mail is Available on the browser I think it may be as you say as I have repeatedly tried to add the yahoo mail only to get the same message I wonder if it is something to do with the password  Iam  afraid the problem is beyond me  Thank you for your interest I may have some help or advice at home this weekend  (younger family ) Pleased to have the Plusnet mail as the webmail plusnet takes ages to work

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Fix

Is your Yahoo mail account set up to use two step verification? If this is the case I think you would need to set up a special application password in the Yahoo control panel for use with Thunderbird.

David
stathe
Rising Star

Thank you for your interest I do in fact think we have solved the problem and now have both mails on Thunderbird I did in fact change the password for my Yahoo mail (in Thunderbird ) Not sure if I have two step verification. It now works with the new password Thank you for your help
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @spraxyt as per message #18.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

stathe
Rising Star

Very true  I am an 82 year old country bumpkin   and  put lots of time into this pleased to succeed !!!!

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Yes, persistence paid off. Thumbs_Up

David
stathe
Rising Star

Sorry to be a pain but now I  have the Plusnet  Thunderbird and Yahoo mail working I am unable to get the spell check in Thunderbird to work the box pops up with no text in it and though I have tried to download a dictionary there is no spell check 

spraxyt
Resting Legend

That sounds like dictionary problems. Has the dictionary installed and been enabled? Click the hamburger menu top-right (three horizontal lines); select Add-ons then Dictionaries on the menu. My set-up is as followsTBirdDict.png

Go to the Get Add-ons item if a dictionary still needs to be installed.

Next check that spell checking is enabled on Tools->Options->Composition tab. Is the setting I've highlighted below ticked and a dictionary shown on the Language selector?TBirdSpellChk.png

David
stathe
Rising Star

Thank you it is working now I hadnt put the dictionary in