Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mail on Thunderbird and Yahoo mail on Thunderbird

FIXED
stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet mail on Thunderbird and Yahoo mail on Thunderbird

Thunderbird    My Yahoo mail failed yesterday and says "The operation on Inbox for my account  at yahoo.co.uk responded CLIENT Bug Select command   is not valid in this state "

Thunderbird    Plusnet mail connection to server timed out  from this morning

IMAP  I am not an expert

24 REPLIES 24
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet mail on Thunderbird and Yahoo mail on Thunderbird

Has this worked OK for some time before these problems occurred? It looks like log in is failing on both accounts. Is your normal internet access working OK and at normal speed?

David
stathe
Rising Star

Yes my speed is below ,2 because of where I am all works as it has and can use this and yahhoo web mail but unable to get into Thunderbird now for e mail 

stathe
Rising Star

I am unable to make any progress with Thunderbird due to my lack of knowledge and ability so am useing  webmail  for all my e mail Though it was handy to get my yahoo and plusnet mail in one place 

stathe
Rising Star

I would still like to use Thunderbird for my Plusnet and Yahoo Mail  but am still unable to get or send mail

spraxyt
Resting Legend

There is a service status announcement in force at the moment that some users are having problems accessing mail with PC clients. However since your problems are long term the general problem is likely to be coincidence.

Do you have Thunderbird set up on a desktop PC, and is its operating system Windows 10?

David
stathe
Rising Star

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Service Pack 1 on my desktop  Thunderbird stopped on October  6th  about a month ago  as did my plusnet mail  both  IMAP    Mail works on my android  pad . Not Thunderbird .   I can get both as webmail  But It has been fine for ages prior to 6-10-17 I am not very " tech savy"

Could I use something other than Thunderbird ?Huh

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Maybe a silly question, but what is the version number of Thunderbird you are using? I had problems accessing some Plusnet mail on my VERY old but but previously reliable TB a couple of months back, but an update to the latest version cured them.

John
spraxyt
Resting Legend

That's a good question @jab1.

@stathe The current version of Thunderbird is 52.4.0 (select Help->About Thunderbird to check this).

Whilst a different email client could be tried my suggestion is to stick with Thunderbird and resolve the problem. It should work.

David
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Its not that long ago that PN was telling everyone to use a Email client , as web mail was unreliable Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
stathe
Rising Star

I do have the latest version already instaalled Should I have uninstalled the old one first ?Huh

stathe
Rising Star

"The operation on Inbox for my account  at yahoo.co.uk responded CLIENT Bug Select command   is not valid in this state " and times out

stathe
Rising Star

Thunderbird       Later yesterday I had this working With Plusnet Mail but not Yahoo mail  But it does not work this morning

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Is it convenient to temporarily delete the Yahoo mail account from Thunderbird leaving just the Plusnet one? Doing troubleshooting on a single well understood account should be easier.

David
stathe
Rising Star

Yes I have done this and at the moment the  Plusnet mail is working But when I try to re insert the Yahoo mail Th e yahoo mail comes up with  the same message The operation on inbox did not succeed The mail error responded (client bug) Select command is not valid in this state Plusnet works so Deleted Yahoo again