cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet lost my emails by mistake

kevinjbolton

Plusnet lost my emails by mistake

I have just moved ISP from plusnet to BT. However I asked Plusnet to keep my email account open and a ticket was raised for this. However today they accidentally closed down my email address. Although this was resolved it meant that all my emails were lost. I had about 100 emails going back 4 months and they are now gone.
Plusnet are saying that they can not recover them and that it is my responsibility to back them up - even though it was there mistake that led to this.
3 REPLIES 3
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet lost my emails by mistake

It is not PlusNet's Responsibility to keep a backup of your e-mail's it is yours and yours alone to backup your e-mail's.
But if you ask nicely Bob Pullen may be able to help you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@kevinjbolton
I'm really sorry to hear about that mistake. Needless to say I'll make sure it's fed back that this has caused you some inconvenience.
I've just looked at your account and can see on ticket 52138876 that we've already checked the backups for you and we've not been able to locate anything.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Surely if you used a normal e mail programme eg Thunderbird, rather than webmail, you'd have them on
your PC, where you could have also made back ups to a zip drive/USB Stick/ SD card etc.