cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet emall - problems with sending attachments

philip789

Plusnet emall - problems with sending attachments

I'm posting this on behalf of my neighbour.  She is suddenly finding that she cannot send attachments with her outgoing PlusNet emails. This is happening with both photos and Word documents, even if short.

After 'selecting' her attachment and then pressing 'Upload', she gets an error message saying the document or photo is over a file size limit (I believe this is 7k) and the attachment cannot be sent.

Could there be a problem with her PlusNet email settings?  If so, could some kind person tell me what these settings should be and how my neighbour can find them to correct errors.

Any thoughts would be most welcome, thank you.

Philip

3 REPLIES 3
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet emall - problems with sending attachments

@philip789 

I just uploaded and sent a 5MB PDF file and it arrived very quickly.

See https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-use-plusnet-email/ for setup

HTH

Dave

philip789

thank you Dave, I looked through the guide to using PlusNet email you supplied a link to, but there was no mention I could see of attachments or problems in sending them.

Could there be a sudden issue with my neighbour's email settings?

Philip 

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@philip789 

If you create a new email via https://webmail.plus.net/ then you will get a screen that includes a field to add attachments

If you create an email using a separate client then the window has a link to "File attachment limits" which shows the limits:

Maximum files per post: 9
Maximum size per file: 21MB
Accepted filetypes: jpg,gif,png,jpeg,pdf,csv,txt,doc

Dave

PS Of course your neighbour's settings could have errors, the correct settings are in the top the list I sent you