Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet emails not arriving in Outlook 2016

LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet emails not arriving in Outlook 2016

I have looked at other similar topics but can't find a solution that works for me.

I have all the account set up and the process goes through normally and Outlook says accounts have been successfully set up.

I have also set the root folders to inbox. I have also right clicked on the folder and when I select "IMAP folders" but inbox is not showing on either. If I delete "inbox" in root folder in advanced settings it appears. I have tried this fix and also the outlook repair tool.

Try this

1) right click in the problematic inbox folder inside Outlook

2) go to IMAP folders

3) click the Subscribed tab and then Query

4) a list of folders should appear now so you should have the problematic inbox in this list

5) click the inbox and then select Unsubscribe

6) click OK

7) go to Send/Receive menu and click the Work Offline option

Cool close the Outlook application (previous command is needed in order to avoid Outlook crashing due to the infinite synchronizing status with the problematic inbox)

9) relaunch the Outlook application (if it crashed in previous step, maybe you need to restart the PC before relaunching Outlook)

10) go to Send/Receive menu and unclick the Work Offline option to enable connection to server again (the inbox should still not synchronize until next steps)

11) right click again the problematic inbox that should not be in synchronizing mode anymore and select again the IMAP folders

12) in the All tab, click the Query and you should see the inbox in some unselected mode

13) select the inbox and click Subscribe

14) click OK and click F9 to resynchronize all your folders

15) you should see now the inbox working normally again

Emails are arriving normally on all other devices.

Any advice welcome

Lone

3 REPLIES 3
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet emails not arriving in Outlook 2016

Just rebooted laptop and emails have arrived so Ok to close this query.

Not sure which fix did the trick.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks LoneBee, do shout up if you have any further problems with that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@LoneBee

There seems to be an oddity in this area. I have multiple email addresses with Plusnet and other providers. In outlook for some of them, if the root folder is not specified the inbox contents are not shown. I have also noticed that setting impacts how the other folders are shown - either as children of inbox or peers of inbox.

I suspect it has something to do with if when first created the mailbox had been ‘touched’ by the round cube webmail application. Some rainy day when I’ve nothing better to do I’ll try to profile the issue!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.