Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet email account needs reducing - keeps resurrecting itself

FIXED
streatfield1
Fixes: 1

Plusnet email account needs reducing - keeps resurrecting itself

I today received an e.mail saying my e.mail account was getting too large (over 1gb) and that I should reduce it. 

I checked Webmail - settings - folder - information. I spotted that a video file I had recorded of a Zoom chat was taking up masses of space in my "Drafts" folder, (showed 33 messages totalling 2.4Gb) so I deleted these and emptied the deleted box. I went back to have a look at the "folder - information" and found that the 33 messages still showed, although now the size was shown as "0b" I assumed it was only a matter of time before the system updated itself and showed zero messages and zero size.

Several hours later I have checked again. The "Drafts" folder again shows 33 messages totalling 2.4Gb. When I check my email folders on my computer my "Drafts" folder is empty, so there is nothing more to delete. 

Can anyone suggest what has happened and more importantly what I can do to get rid of the apparently resurrected messages.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plusnet email account needs reducing - keeps resurrecting itself

Hi @streatfield1 

A warm welcome to the forums. Round Cube webmail has some known performance issues, which might have a bearing here...

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

streatfield1
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet email account needs reducing - keeps resurrecting itself

Fix

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in getting back. The problem seems to have disappeared. The Drafts folder which had contained my large files and which I had deleted, seemingly then to resurrect itself, is now empty. I suspect I just needed more patience. Thanks for your help.