Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet crawl with Webmail

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet crawl with Webmail

I have no speed problems in general with my setup except anything to do with Plusnet webmail. For the last few months this has been getting steadily worse - at 0230 today it took two minutes to delete a couple of messages. Sometimes it hangs so long I just give up. Am I the only one experiencing this?
37 REPLIES 37
talpa
Grafter

Re: Plusnet crawl with Webmail

Yes - me too - it seems to have been crawling since December sometime.
Not only that - but seems to regularly give me the error:
"This page request could not be verified and appears to have expired."
I presume both issues relate to an upgrade as the slowness and the error message started about the same time - very frustrating ....
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Same here, logouts, dropped IMAP connections and generally slow.
Sad
Not applicable

I was just going to have a whinge on the SM thread but found this one so here I am and yes, yes, yes - it is abysmal.  Today is the worst it has ever been. As has been said, just to delete an email is taking about a minute.  Opening one just the same.  Sad
talpa
Grafter

Still crawling, still getting IMAP connection errors, still getting "page has expired" errors ...
jjlothin
Grafter

Couldn't agree more with the above!  Angry
PlusNet's webmail service is normally bad - but today it's diabolical. SURELY someone can do something to speed it up on a regular basis?!?!
talpa
Grafter

This morning it bas bad, this afternoon it appears to be completely unusable Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately we've got problems with the platform at the moment:
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1295448445.htm
We'll update with more information as soon as we can.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Has anyone noticed any improvement to this? We've got engineers investigating at the moment.
ChrisDancer
Dabbler

Yes, exactly the same problem here. It has been like this on and off for at least a year, I can usually open a new tab and read a couple of messages in my freemail inbox while I'm waiting for the webmail page to reload. Reported it to Plusnet last year but they didn't fix it.
The last couple of days it's been really bad. Today it's dropping connection right after the Login screen.
What really infuriates me is when you write a long and detailed email, hit send - and lose the whole thing!  Angry  I have now taken to copying all the text in every email before I hit send, just in case.
"Has anyone noticed any improvement to this? We've got engineers investigating at the moment. "
Just tried refreshing my webmail page, wait 15 seconds then timed out. Logged in again. Wait 15 seconds then:
Error connecting to IMAP server: imap.force9.net.
110 : Connection timed out
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Chris, and sorry about all the issues - I'm taking a look now for you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, I've just been able to log in as yourself without any issues - are you still unable to log in?
jjlothin
Grafter

Things have improved a bit now - but I do wish someone would take a look at the general slowness and cumbersomeness (if that's a word?!) of the PlusNet webmail system.
I'm really reluctant to use it when I'm away from my home PC because it's so frustrating - particularly when, as someone pointed out above, you go to the trouble of writing a longish message and the system times out or crashes or whatever it does before the message is sent.
No trouble like this with Googlemail!
Not applicable

Absolutely!  If nothing is going to be done about the current webmail situation, could Plusnet not set up/offer a better service for those who are prepared to pay a small premium?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're certainly investigating the current issues and will be letting you know as soon as we have something to announce. I'm sorry we can't give you any more than that.